Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11
    Silver Member ToolBoxTavern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    239
    Location
    Texas
    Tractor
    4wd 4025 Mahindra

    Default Re: 50 hr service question

    Quote Originally Posted by sdkubota View Post
    Kubota used to call for replacing oil and filters at 50 hours and I believe bumped in up to be Politically Correct and "save the planet" B.S. Many owners pull some serious metal shavings out that were left over from milling operations during the first fluid changings. Your dealer only cares things will stay together long enough to pass the warranty period. I would replace the oil/hydraulic fluids and their filters even though you can get a couple hundred dollars invested. What is longevity to your tractor worth?
    Very true.
    We are on our way to being farmers! Our site is always under construction so check back often for updates.

    http://www.philosophyfarmstyle.com/

  2. #12
    Silver Member ToolBoxTavern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    239
    Location
    Texas
    Tractor
    4wd 4025 Mahindra

    Default Re: 50 hr service question

    Does anyone have any pics of the tranny screen/strainer procedure?
    We are on our way to being farmers! Our site is always under construction so check back often for updates.

    http://www.philosophyfarmstyle.com/

  3. #13
    Platinum Member kw22614's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    518
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX1860

    Default Re: 50 hr service question

    I plan on cleaning the screen at 50hrs. Always a good time to remove metal shavings from any system. Not sure I would reuse the drained oil unless it was perfectly clean. IMO the peace of mind from new oil outweighs the few dollars saved.

  4. #14
    Silver Member ToolBoxTavern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    239
    Location
    Texas
    Tractor
    4wd 4025 Mahindra

    Default Re: 50 hr service question

    Quote Originally Posted by kw22614 View Post
    I plan on cleaning the screen at 50hrs. Always a good time to remove metal shavings from any system. Not sure I would reuse the drained oil unless it was perfectly clean. IMO the peace of mind from new oil outweighs the few dollars saved.
    Yea, crap Im thinkin bout it. Have to go back to the dealer and get more hydraulic oil I guess. Just as far as anything else and bout same price.

    If anything is in the screen then its not in the filter yet? Which way does it flow I wonder?
    We are on our way to being farmers! Our site is always under construction so check back often for updates.

    http://www.philosophyfarmstyle.com/

  5. #15
    Platinum Member kw22614's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    518
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX1860

    Default Re: 50 hr service question

    I've always found everything flows downhill - usually right where I'm standing.
    Sorry, couldn't help myself.

  6. #16
    Platinum Member kw22614's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    518
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX1860

    Default Re: 50 hr service question

    Also, I don't really know if this works but it does make sense. Have someone hold the hose of a shopvac, on of course, over the dipstick hole, remove the dipstick first, while you remove and clean the screen. Have read where nothing leaks out at all.
    If you try this let me know if it really works.

  7. #17
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    87
    Location
    Grimes county Texas
    Tractor
    Mahindra 4025 / Kubota RTV500

    Default Re: 50 hr service question

    I just changed all the transmission fluid and filter on my 4025 at the 50 hour mark, by the time I went to all the trouble trying to save it, just didnt make sense. I still would have had to buy the fluid to top it off. I used tractor supply "Premium" transmission and hydraulic fluid (approved for Mahindra as per the label) and mahindra filter in mine with no performance problems. Make sure to run the loader and 3 point all the way up and down a few times each to purgae the air. I left the engine oil change till the 100 hour mark. Good luck and have fun.

  8. #18
    Silver Member ToolBoxTavern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    239
    Location
    Texas
    Tractor
    4wd 4025 Mahindra

    Default Re: 50 hr service question

    Quote Originally Posted by kw22614 View Post
    I've always found everything flows downhill - usually right where I'm standing.
    Sorry, couldn't help myself.
    LOL.....
    We are on our way to being farmers! Our site is always under construction so check back often for updates.

    http://www.philosophyfarmstyle.com/

  9. #19
    Silver Member ToolBoxTavern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    239
    Location
    Texas
    Tractor
    4wd 4025 Mahindra

    Default Re: 50 hr service question

    Quote Originally Posted by kw22614 View Post
    Also, I don't really know if this works but it does make sense. Have someone hold the hose of a shopvac, on of course, over the dipstick hole, remove the dipstick first, while you remove and clean the screen. Have read where nothing leaks out at all.
    If you try this let me know if it really works.
    Interesting.
    We are on our way to being farmers! Our site is always under construction so check back often for updates.

    http://www.philosophyfarmstyle.com/

  10. #20
    Silver Member ToolBoxTavern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    239
    Location
    Texas
    Tractor
    4wd 4025 Mahindra

    Default Re: 50 hr service question

    Quote Originally Posted by burzynsr View Post
    I just changed all the transmission fluid and filter on my 4025 at the 50 hour mark, by the time I went to all the trouble trying to save it, just didnt make sense. I still would have had to buy the fluid to top it off. I used tractor supply "Premium" transmission and hydraulic fluid (approved for Mahindra as per the label) and mahindra filter in mine with no performance problems. Make sure to run the loader and 3 point all the way up and down a few times each to purgae the air. I left the engine oil change till the 100 hour mark. Good luck and have fun.

    How hard was it to clean the tranny strainer/screen? Also how much did it hold? How many gallons did you have to put back in it?
    Last edited by ToolBoxTavern; 01-24-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    We are on our way to being farmers! Our site is always under construction so check back often for updates.

    http://www.philosophyfarmstyle.com/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SERVICE BY DEALER FOR 50 SERVICE
    By Cropdustr in forum Massey Ferguson Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 05:27 PM
  2. BX24 50 hr. service tomorrow. Any input? Service bulletins?
    By NoviceguyInCT in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 04:13 PM
  3. 50 hr Service
    By cokeman in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-30-2004, 07:43 PM
  4. L3830/just did my 50 hr service-service light??
    By BWS in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 10:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.