7520 Problem with starter-relay-battery?

/ 7520 Problem with starter-relay-battery? #1  
Tractor
Mahindra 7520
Have 2006 7520 which gets used just a little, maybe once a month or so. Couple of years ago+/- when the key was turned the starter would just click, shove a screwdriver in the solenoid and it starts. Changed starter/solenoid combination, then found and changed blown relay fuse. Seemed OK for a while until recently when the problem cropped up again. Starter has maybe 150 turns on it so how bad can it be? Fuse in OK and just recently changed the starter relay, still happening! Could the battery need to be changed? Like I said it gets used very infrequently. sometime sitting for two or three months at a time. :confused2:

/ 7520 Problem with starter-relay-battery? #2  
Yes, a good chance with the battery being over 7 years old that it could be bad. They don't last forever you know. Maybe try charging it first before you go to purchase a new one.

/ 7520 Problem with starter-relay-battery? #3  
does the screwdriver still work?

/ 7520 Problem with starter-relay-battery? #4  
I believe your solenoid is sticking. I had the same problem with my '02 6000...I took the solenoid off, put some thin synthetic grease (won't freeze/get stiff) on the rod that actuates the solenoid to the starter....fixed the issue. Good luck. bobg in va

/ 7520 Problem with starter-relay-battery? #5  
   / 7520 Problem with starter-relay-battery?
Yes, a good chance with the battery being over 7 years old that it could be bad. They don't last forever you know. Maybe try charging it first before you go to purchase a new one.

That's what I figured, this morning it is 55 degrees here and it engaged without a problem. A week ago it was -5 and the operator needed to take the screws driver out! Stuck the charger on it for 8 hours after the relay was replaced several weeks ago, no change.

thanks

/ 7520 Problem with starter-relay-battery?
As an alternate tractor starter device, yes. As originally designed, not so much.

/ 7520 Problem with starter-relay-battery? #9  
As an alternate tractor starter device, yes. As originally designed, not so much.
Well, Im understanding very little of what youre saying. perhaps none. It would be better to establish context each time. Does the above quote refer to the screwdriver?

/ 7520 Problem with starter-relay-battery? #10  
Well, Im understanding very little of what youre saying. perhaps none. It would be better to establish context each time. Does the above quote refer to the screwdriver?

Come on Larry.. CLEARLY he is talking about...

yeah... He lost me too.... but my guess is that he is referring to the screwdriver as well...

But...now reading back through... his little joke is kinda funny!