Pallet Forks

/ Pallet Forks #11  
Thanx. I am amazed at how useful they are. Those pics aint even half of what I used them for so far.

I bought a set this past summer and found that I use them more than the bucket. I made the mistake of buying the ones that have the pipe in the rear instead of the ones like yours that lock the forks in a given position. Not a big deal though, because I can always install a locking bolt in each fork, plus, I did get a good deal from E.A. Congrats on your new toy! :thumbsup:

/ Pallet Forks #12  
I bought a set of clamp on forks last year...
My bucket is pin on and can only lift 1000# so the clamp-on type was the best option for me...
With that said, they have been the best thing that I have bought for my FEL since I bought the FEL...
I can load brush and lift lumber and logs...
Very handy...
Eventually I will get a larger tractor with a quick attach...
But for now my unit does great...

/ Pallet Forks
Thanx guys. Helped load a air compressor and riding mower yesterday. Probably the neatest thing since sliced bread.

/ Pallet Forks #14  
Thanx guys. Helped load a air compressor and riding mower yesterday. Probably the neatest thing since sliced bread.

Oh yah, you'll find plenty of things to do with the forks. If you don't, your neighbors will. Lol! It's all good tho!

/ Pallet Forks #15  
Yep my pallet forks see a lot if use. I torched a hole through one about 3" from the tip so i can hook a clevis and chain to it. Works great for lifting stuff when you need a lot of reach. Like lifting a 72" rental tiller out of your pickup

Dave

/ Pallet Forks #16  
I torch a hole in all of my fork tips. Makes moving wheeled equipment a breeze. No more having to pin it to the draw bar, crank the jack up, move it, crank the jack back down. Just pin it to the fork, pick it up, jack and all, move it and set back down. Quick and easy! :)

/ Pallet Forks
Torching a hole in them doesnt make them weak?

As far as moving trailers.... I need a trailer mover now. I will build one of those.

/ Pallet Forks #18  
Yes, THANKS for the pictures. We love to see stuff. Like you, the forks are way at the top of the list for usefulness. And, one of the cheaper attachment among all that are available.

/ Pallet Forks #19  
They make slide on spades that fit over both forks when they are put together, for digging ditches, planting trees, or just digging a hole for what ever. You can also move your forks to either side to clean out ditches along the driveway.They really work well.

/ Pallet Forks #20  
Torching a hole in them doesnt make them weak?

As far as moving trailers.... I need a trailer mover now. I will build one of those.

I'm sure it had some measurable impact but these are big forged forks rated for 5500lbs with a bending load rated at 3 times that load. and it near the tip so not normally a huge load on it. My 8540 only has about 2900 lbs capacity to full height. ~5000 ish lbs of breakout force

Dave