Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    NH T1510 HST

Default Re: Pallet Forks

Quote Originally Posted by xring100 View Post
    Yep my pallet forks see a lot if use. I torched a hole through one about 3" from the tip so i can hook a clevis and chain to it. Works great for lifting stuff when you need a lot of reach. Like lifting a 72" rental tiller out of your pickup
    Here's what I made for my forks! Slide it on the forks and tighten down the T-handles. I also made it so the eye bolt swivels.

Attachment 303109Attachment 303110
    .................................................. .................................................. ..............................
    "If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?"

Tractor
    4wd 4025 Mahindra

Yep my pallet forks see a lot if use. I torched a hole through one about 3" from the tip so i can hook a clevis and chain to it. Works great for lifting stuff when you need a lot of reach. Like lifting a 72" rental tiller out of your pickup

Dave
    Dang I did a tiller outa the back of the F250 this weekend and forgot to take pics. My rental place only does 5footer so I had to push it to the side to cover up 1 set of tire tracks.
    We are on our way to being farmers! Our site is always under construction so check back often for updates.

http://www.philosophyfarmstyle.com/

Tractor
    4wd 4025 Mahindra

Quote Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
    Yes, THANKS for the pictures. We love to see stuff. Like you, the forks are way at the top of the list for usefulness. And, one of the cheaper attachment among all that are available.
    Your Welcome and I do think forks are on the must have list!
    We are on our way to being farmers! Our site is always under construction so check back often for updates.

Tractor
    4wd 4025 Mahindra

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dodgins View Post
    They make slide on spades that fit over both forks when they are put together, for digging ditches, planting trees, or just digging a hole for what ever. You can also move your forks to either side to clean out ditches along the driveway.They really work well.
    Interesting.....

Tractor
    4wd 4025 Mahindra

Quote Originally Posted by duroc View Post
    Here's what I made for my forks! Slide it on the forks and tighten down the T-handles. I also made it so the eye bolt swivels.

Attachment 303109Attachment 303110

NICE! How does the eye bolt swivel? Do you put the eye pointed up, down, or both? I might build one. I think I mite put the T handles on the opposite side of the eye so nothing catches on them.

Tractor
    Kubota M8540

Looks nice

Dave

Dave

Tractor
    NH T1510 HST

Quote Originally Posted by ToolBoxTavern View Post
    NICE! How does the eye bolt swivel? Do you put the eye pointed up, down, or both? I might build one. I think I mite put the T handles on the opposite side of the eye so nothing catches on them.
    Thanks! I use the fixture with the eye bolt (EB) and T's facing down. Allowing the EB to swivel was easy, as the EB is not welded in place, it's bolted. All I did was not tighten the pinch locknut all the way down. You can't see the nut in either photo - sorry, but what I did was drill a hole in the tubing with a hole saw above the EB that was just large enough for the proper size socket to fit. I used washers on both sides of the EB for added strength and ability to swivel easier. Everything I ever lifted with my FEL bucket and a chain was always pointed in the wrong direction so I thought having the EB swivel would be a lot more user friendly. The tubing is 3/16" and plenty strong enough for my usage so I saw no need to use a through bolt. I put the T's on the bottom, because with the T's on top, all the lifted load weight would be pushing *up* against the bolt threads instead of spreading the load on top of the forks. I suppose using tubing closer to the fork thickness would have eliminated that problem, but I used what I had on hand, also, with the larger tubing it's easy to slide the fixture on/off. So far, so good!
    .................................................. .................................................. ..............................

Tractor
    NH T1510 HST

Looks nice

Dave
    Thanks, Dave!

Tractor
    mahindra 4500

mine also has the pin on bucket. I bought a used 2007 4500 and the guy before me had welded on brackets for a hay spike so useing those brackets i made a set to fit and they work great for alot of things. Myself and my son just loaded the frame of a mobile home onto a our trailer after cutting it up this past weekend. Sure does save the back

Tractor
    4wd 4025 Mahindra

Thanks! I use the fixture with the eye bolt (EB) and T's facing down. Allowing the EB to swivel was easy, as the EB is not welded in place, it's bolted. All I did was not tighten the pinch locknut all the way down. You can't see the nut in either photo - sorry, but what I did was drill a hole in the tubing with a hole saw above the EB that was just large enough for the proper size socket to fit. I used washers on both sides of the EB for added strength and ability to swivel easier. Everything I ever lifted with my FEL bucket and a chain was always pointed in the wrong direction so I thought having the EB swivel would be a lot more user friendly. The tubing is 3/16" and plenty strong enough for my usage so I saw no need to use a through bolt. I put the T's on the bottom, because with the T's on top, all the lifted load weight would be pushing *up* against the bolt threads instead of spreading the load on top of the forks. I suppose using tubing closer to the fork thickness would have eliminated that problem, but I used what I had on hand, also, with the larger tubing it's easy to slide the fixture on/off. So far, so good!
    I see. Thanx.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast