Pallet Forks

/ Pallet Forks #21  
Yep my pallet forks see a lot if use. I torched a hole through one about 3" from the tip so i can hook a clevis and chain to it. Works great for lifting stuff when you need a lot of reach. Like lifting a 72" rental tiller out of your pickup

Here's what I made for my forks! Slide it on the forks and tighten down the T-handles. I also made it so the eye bolt swivels.

View attachment 303109View attachment 303110

/ Pallet Forks
Yep my pallet forks see a lot if use. I torched a hole through one about 3" from the tip so i can hook a clevis and chain to it. Works great for lifting stuff when you need a lot of reach. Like lifting a 72" rental tiller out of your pickup

Dave

Dang I did a tiller outa the back of the F250 this weekend and forgot to take pics. My rental place only does 5footer so I had to push it to the side to cover up 1 set of tire tracks.

/ Pallet Forks
Yes, THANKS for the pictures. We love to see stuff. Like you, the forks are way at the top of the list for usefulness. And, one of the cheaper attachment among all that are available.

Your Welcome and I do think forks are on the must have list!

/ Pallet Forks
They make slide on spades that fit over both forks when they are put together, for digging ditches, planting trees, or just digging a hole for what ever. You can also move your forks to either side to clean out ditches along the driveway.They really work well.

Interesting.....

/ Pallet Forks
Here's what I made for my forks! Slide it on the forks and tighten down the T-handles. I also made it so the eye bolt swivels.

View attachment 303109View attachment 303110

NICE! How does the eye bolt swivel? Do you put the eye pointed up, down, or both? I might build one. I think I mite put the T handles on the opposite side of the eye so nothing catches on them.

/ Pallet Forks #27  
NICE! How does the eye bolt swivel? Do you put the eye pointed up, down, or both? I might build one. I think I mite put the T handles on the opposite side of the eye so nothing catches on them.

Thanks! I use the fixture with the eye bolt (EB) and T's facing down. Allowing the EB to swivel was easy, as the EB is not welded in place, it's bolted. All I did was not tighten the pinch locknut all the way down. You can't see the nut in either photo - sorry, but what I did was drill a hole in the tubing with a hole saw above the EB that was just large enough for the proper size socket to fit. I used washers on both sides of the EB for added strength and ability to swivel easier. Everything I ever lifted with my FEL bucket and a chain was always pointed in the wrong direction so I thought having the EB swivel would be a lot more user friendly. The tubing is 3/16" and plenty strong enough for my usage so I saw no need to use a through bolt. I put the T's on the bottom, because with the T's on top, all the lifted load weight would be pushing *up* against the bolt threads instead of spreading the load on top of the forks. I suppose using tubing closer to the fork thickness would have eliminated that problem, but I used what I had on hand, also, with the larger tubing it's easy to slide the fixture on/off. So far, so good!

/ Pallet Forks #29  
mine also has the pin on bucket. I bought a used 2007 4500 and the guy before me had welded on brackets for a hay spike so useing those brackets i made a set to fit and they work great for alot of things. Myself and my son just loaded the frame of a mobile home onto a our trailer after cutting it up this past weekend. Sure does save the back

/ Pallet Forks
Thanks! I use the fixture with the eye bolt (EB) and T's facing down. Allowing the EB to swivel was easy, as the EB is not welded in place, it's bolted. All I did was not tighten the pinch locknut all the way down. You can't see the nut in either photo - sorry, but what I did was drill a hole in the tubing with a hole saw above the EB that was just large enough for the proper size socket to fit. I used washers on both sides of the EB for added strength and ability to swivel easier. Everything I ever lifted with my FEL bucket and a chain was always pointed in the wrong direction so I thought having the EB swivel would be a lot more user friendly. The tubing is 3/16" and plenty strong enough for my usage so I saw no need to use a through bolt. I put the T's on the bottom, because with the T's on top, all the lifted load weight would be pushing *up* against the bolt threads instead of spreading the load on top of the forks. I suppose using tubing closer to the fork thickness would have eliminated that problem, but I used what I had on hand, also, with the larger tubing it's easy to slide the fixture on/off. So far, so good!

I see. Thanx.