Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    s

Default Re: Mahindra 4035 Rear Remote Valve? I thought one was standard.

Quote Originally Posted by fordoutback View Post
    I think it will work fine, but ont it be a pain to take the loader off every time you want to use the rear remote?
    No. The loader is will be on all winter, no need to use remote, and off all summer when I'll only need the remote to open and close a 2 row Krone hay tedder.

Tractor
    Sold the farm, sold the tractors, moved back to the city

Quote Originally Posted by millstreaminn View Post
    Here's something I was also thinking about. As I will have no need to use the remote when the loader is on, why can't I plumb a remote right into the loader valve and run it with the loader valve when the loader is off? All's I would need to buy are 2 quick couplers, some hose and a remote block. That would work, right?
    Look at the first photo in my previous post to this thread. The power beyond (PB) port on my FEL control valve is the one with the 90-degree elbow screwed in. The hose attached to that elbow carries high pressure fluid and runs back to the triple valves mounted on the fender. You need to insert a cylindrical sleeve in the PB port to divert the flow rearward toward the triple valves. The return line from the triple valves is teed into the low pressure line that goes to the sump for the hydraulic system.

Quote Originally Posted by flusher View Post
    Look at the first photo in my previous post to this thread. The power beyond (PB) port on my FEL control valve is the one with the 90-degree elbow screwed in. The hose attached to that elbow carries high pressure fluid and runs back to the triple valves mounted on the fender. You need to insert a cylindrical sleeve in the PB port to divert the flow rearward toward the triple valves. The return line from the triple valves is teed into the low pressure line that goes to the sump for the hydraulic system.

Yeah... just running off the PB of the loader valve is the easiest and might still be the cheapest way to go... I can't imagine there being much difference... if you were really just wanting to run it off the loader valve... just by the quick couplers and some hose to run back to the tedder period...

Tractor
    Mahindra 4035

The loader valve on a 4035 is mounted underneath the tractor and already has power beyond. It provides the pressure for the 3PH. If you look above the hitch arm on the right side of the tractor you should find 3 hose zip tied up in there. the two that are connected together are pressure and return, the one that is plugged is another return for a remote valve.
    The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work..........

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

My 2010 4035 didnt have one either. I had to buy the kit ($750) separately when I got the 485 backhoe. I think one of my local dealers still has one left if you are interested. Also I think I still have the installation instructions somewhere around here. The 3 hoses should already be on the tractor tucked up above the right 3pt hitch arm. Two of them are looped together with a connector. If I remember right, the instructions were incorrect and I had to switch those two hoses on the valve to get the 3pt hitch to work. It took a friend and I about 2 hours to mount everything. The valve has a remote cable that runs under the right fender and comes with a new piece of plastic to replace the cup holder where the lever mounts.
    Fordoutback, I am glad you brought up about the three hoses. The earliest 35 series did not have remotes standard, nor did it have the three hoses. The dealers complained about how much time it took to route the hoses, so Mahindra took an interim step and installed those hoses. So if you have that set-up, you would order the remote half-kit. Some time later Mahindra did a price increase on the tractor and made a single remote standard.

So if you have no remotes, you may need a half-kit or a full kit, depending on if you have the three-hoses. Or just mount up a three-spool on the fender and go aftermarket like Flusher.

To complicate things further, at one point they changed the mount for the valve as well as the early valves were really close to the tire.

So....more than anyone asked or needed to know, but I hope it is helpful. JohnsonAuto has this totally figured out as well. It caused us all enough grief that we either had to learn all the permutations or order parts twice or thrice.... The 35 series factory remotes are the most complicated parts situation for all the remotes we sell. Most other models are a piece of cake to order.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Tractor
    Mahindra 4035

Quote Originally Posted by DavesTractor View Post
    Fordoutback, I am glad you brought up about the three hoses. The earliest 35 series did not have remotes standard, nor did it have the three hoses. The dealers complained about how much time it took to route the hoses, so Mahindra took an interim step and installed those hoses. So if you have that set-up, you would order the remote half-kit. Some time later Mahindra did a price increase on the tractor and made a single remote standard.

So if you have no remotes, you may need a half-kit or a full kit, depending on if you have the three-hoses. Or just mount up a three-spool on the fender and go aftermarket like Flusher.

To complicate things further, at one point they changed the mount for the valve as well as the early valves were really close to the tire.

So....more than anyone asked or needed to know, but I hope it is helpful. JohnsonAuto has this totally figured out as well. It caused us all enough grief that we either had to learn all the permutations or order parts twice or thrice.... The 35 series factory remotes are the most complicated parts situation for all the remotes we sell. Most other models are a piece of cake to order.
    Thank you for your post. I wasnt worried about a remote until I bought my backhoe. I ordered the backhoe from the same dealer that I bought the tractor from and we were both told that the mahindra 485 hoe came with EVERYTHING needed to hook it up. I had the hoe shipped directly to me from the factory. When I got it, there were only the two quick diconnects on the hoe, nothing else. I called the dealer, Mahindra, Bradco, and five other dealers in two states. I got a return call from the northeast rep. and he informed me that they didnt have a standard remote until 2010. He was speechless when I told him mine was a 2010. I had to drive over a hundred miles to get the "half" kit and paid $750 for it. When I last talked to the rep and Mahindra they didnt want to hear anything. I even said that I would settle for a service manual, a coat, anything to make up something. They wouldnt even send a free hat, but thats another thread,,,lol
    The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work..........

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Thank you for your post. I wasnt worried about a remote until I bought my backhoe. I ordered the backhoe from the same dealer that I bought the tractor from and we were both told that the mahindra 485 hoe came with EVERYTHING needed to hook it up. I had the hoe shipped directly to me from the factory. When I got it, there were only the two quick diconnects on the hoe, nothing else. I called the dealer, Mahindra, Bradco, and five other dealers in two states. I got a return call from the northeast rep. and he informed me that they didnt have a standard remote until 2010. He was speechless when I told him mine was a 2010. I had to drive over a hundred miles to get the "half" kit and paid $750 for it. When I last talked to the rep and Mahindra they didnt want to hear anything. I even said that I would settle for a service manual, a coat, anything to make up something. They wouldnt even send a free hat, but thats another thread,,,lol
    I see the confusion. The 485C had everything you needed...unless you had an older 4035. If the dealer had not installed many of these particular backhoes, it would be super easy to miss that point. Your tractor doesn't really have a year model as a car would. I don't remember if it was fall of 2009 or fall of 2010 when they raised the price and included the remote. But even then, there are extant tractors on dealer's lots and in the pipeline. There is a serial number break after which all 4035 had half kits and another after which all had full kits. That is the only way to know in reality. They didn't just forget to put the remote on your tractor, it was before the serial number break and the dealer bought it before the price increase. Had you bought it with the remote, you would have paid more for it as the dealer would have paid more for it.

But a $750 oops would get my attention as well! You could actually plumb a tractor with a backhoe hydraulic loop and not install a valve, but the valve is a great thing for other purposes as well.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12