Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Platinum Member DutchHenryBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    868
    Location
    Tombstone, AT
    Tractor
    Mahindra 5010

    Default 5010HST Cab 300+ hours

    I have had my 5010 for a little over a year now and so far so good. I have my fingers crossed that she stays trouble free in the future. Found out that the dealer I purchased it from appx. 20 miles from the house is no longer selling Mahindra Tractors. I was told that any Mahindra dealer will take care of any warrenty work if anything should come up. So I look for another dealer and the nearest one is a little over 300 miles from the house!ouch!!!

  2. #2
    Platinum Member Reyer Farms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    640
    Location
    Lena, ms
    Tractor
    Mahindra 5010

    Default

    Sorry to hear that about your dealer. Glad you are enjoying your tractor. I have enjoyed mine. I don't know how many hours are on mine, very dusty inside cab. I feel confident in its ability to keep up. I use it for everything on the farm. It really is a great little tractor. I flipped tires and wheels out to get 30" on center spacing to drive over raised beds for planting. Need to add lights to see better at night ( limo tint ). I really like how good it is on fuel! People tell me that's not a row crop tractor, well maybe not, but it fits my rows. I'm not real easy on it, it stays greased and serviced, but I run the stew out of it. What all do you use yours for, Dutch?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-1699429204-jpg  

  3. #3
    Platinum Member DutchHenryBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    868
    Location
    Tombstone, AT
    Tractor
    Mahindra 5010

    Default Re: 5010HST Cab 300+ hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Reyer Farms View Post
    Sorry to hear that about your dealer. Glad you are enjoying your tractor. I have enjoyed mine. I don't know how many hours are on mine, very dusty inside cab. I feel confident in its ability to keep up. I use it for everything on the farm. It really is a great little tractor. I flipped tires and wheels out to get 30" on center spacing to drive over raised beds for planting. Need to add lights to see better at night ( limo tint ). I really like how good it is on fuel! People tell me that's not a row crop tractor, well maybe not, but it fits my rows. I'm not real easy on it, it stays greased and serviced, but I run the stew out of it. What all do you use yours for, Dutch?
    Sounds like you enjoy your tractor as much as I do mine. My hours mostly come from keeping the dirt roads around here semi smooth? The rest of the time clearing the land around the house and doing odd jobs for some of the neighbors. I have been doing the service work on my tractor also. I really like your tint, I must get mine done before this summer sets in should make the a/c's job a lot easier.

  4. #4
    Platinum Member Reyer Farms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    640
    Location
    Lena, ms
    Tractor
    Mahindra 5010

    Default

    If I had it to do over I would not have gone so dark. Guys were supposed to bring two different tints to let me see which I wanted. They forgot the lighter one, owner is a great guy, times are hard, they drove an hour to install, I'm pretty easy going, they did it right for me. I don't need shades
    I use a landscape rake on ours between grading, it does a neat job filling potholes and makes it look pretty cool. My wife likes the tractor too. I told her we could use another just like it, and she responded " no, let's get the 6110 for me. "

  5. #5
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,452
    Location
    4000\' mountains of Southern California
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

    Default Re: 5010HST Cab 300+ hours

    That's quite a few hours for home owner use. Sorry to hear that TWT quite carrying Mahindra. Sounds like you're getting some use out of the grader blade.

    Keep enjoying your 5010, you have a nice machine that should give you thousands of trouble free hours of use.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

  6. #6
    Platinum Member DutchHenryBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    868
    Location
    Tombstone, AT
    Tractor
    Mahindra 5010

    Default Re: 5010HST Cab 300+ hours

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    That's quite a few hours for home owner use. Sorry to hear that TWT quite carrying Mahindra. Sounds like you're getting some use out of the grader blade.

    Keep enjoying your 5010, you have a nice machine that should give you thousands of trouble free hours of use.
    Now TWT is carrying LS so it was suggested that I now purchase an LS from them???

    I moved the blade on the grader down to the lower hole setting and that seems to work better for me on these dirt roads. The hours do seem to add up but with the cab unit I can be out in any type weather hot or cold working. I am doing more roads around me now and it takes more seat time.

  7. #7
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,452
    Location
    4000\' mountains of Southern California
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

    Default Re: 5010HST Cab 300+ hours

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchHenryBrown View Post
    Now TWT is carrying LS so it was suggested that I now purchase an LS from them???

    I moved the blade on the grader down to the lower hole setting and that seems to work better for me on these dirt roads. The hours do seem to add up but with the cab unit I can be out in any type weather hot or cold working. I am doing more roads around me now and it takes more seat time.
    While the LS tractors are nice machines, I think that I would stay with what you have for now, that is unless you feel the need for a larger machine.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

  8. #8
    Platinum Member DutchHenryBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    868
    Location
    Tombstone, AT
    Tractor
    Mahindra 5010

    Default Re: 5010HST Cab 300+ hours

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    While the LS tractors are nice machines, I think that I would stay with what you have for now, that is unless you feel the need for a larger machine.
    Well bigger is always better....... I know it was a pure business decison on TWT part to drop Mahindra but it kind of left me and others out to dry!! I guess there is know way to tell if any dealer will continue to carry any product line after you purchase from them.

    By the way your Fit Rite Hydraulics on the back blade are working just fine, thank you very much.

  9. #9
    Gold Member MrChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    341
    Location
    Georgia
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3215HST

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DutchHenryBrown View Post

    Well bigger is always better....... I know it was a pure business decison on TWT part to drop Mahindra but it kind of left me and others out to dry!! I guess there is know way to tell if any dealer will continue to carry any product line after you purchase from them.

    By the way your Fit Rite Hydraulics on the back blade are working just fine, thank you very much.
    Don't give up hope. When I bought my Mahindra in '06 I had two Mahindra dealers to choose from within 40 miles. 4 years later both were out of business even though both had carried other brands too. Just got caught in the recession and couldn't recover. One of these guys was in business for over 30 years prior to closing. After that my closest Mahindra dealer was 55 miles away but they still came to my property and took care of a recall issue at no charge. As of last year I now have a new Mahindra dealer less than 20 miles away. . By the way, the place I purchased 2 flatbeds from now carries LS. He's less than 10 miles away. He started out being a car interior repair shop and steadily started selling more and more products. My closest JD, New Holland or Kubota dealers, just for comparison, are now all at least 40 miles away. Pretty funny how things change.

    '06 Mahindra 3215HST,KMW ML111 FEL,BushHog SBX65 Boxblade,BushHog RZ160 Rotary Cutter,Kasco KOS604 Seeder,Cosmo 250 3PT Spreader,Southern 6' Landscape Rake,Rhino LR 6' Rear Blade

  10. #10
    Platinum Member DutchHenryBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    868
    Location
    Tombstone, AT
    Tractor
    Mahindra 5010

    Default Re: 5010HST Cab 300+ hours

    Quote Originally Posted by MrChris View Post
    Don't give up hope. When I bought my Mahindra in '06 I had two Mahindra dealers to choose from within 40 miles. 4 years later both were out of business even though both had carried other brands too. Just got caught in the recession and couldn't recover. One of these guys was in business for over 30 years prior to closing. After that my closest Mahindra dealer was 55 miles away but they still came to my property and took care of a recall issue at no charge. As of last year I now have a new Mahindra dealer less than 20 miles away. . By the way, the place I purchased 2 flatbeds from now carries LS. He's less than 10 miles away. He started out being a car interior repair shop and steadily started selling more and more products. My closest JD, New Holland or Kubota dealers, just for comparison, are now all at least 40 miles away. Pretty funny how things change.
    I would sure support another Mahindra dealer if one should open near here. At least for now the 5010 is running perfect so maybe I will never have to face taking it to another dealer. One of the reasons I purchased the Mahindra was its track record and the information I found on TBN.

Similar Threads

  1. Got my 5010HST Cab!!!
    By ppinnick in forum Mahindra Owning/Operating
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 09:41 PM
  2. 2003 PM152Z 300 Hours Value
    By The Flush in forum Gravely & Ariens
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 01:14 PM
  3. My little G1800 with 300 hours on it.
    By Searay45DB in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-12-2010, 07:18 PM
  4. 300 hours is up
    By thcri in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-06-2005, 04:54 AM
  5. B7100 with 300 hours
    By heehaw in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-04-2003, 11:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.