5010HST Cab 300+ hours

/ 5010HST Cab 300+ hours #1  

DutchHenryBrown

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5010
I have had my 5010 for a little over a year now and so far so good. I have my fingers crossed that she stays trouble free in the future. Found out that the dealer I purchased it from appx. 20 miles from the house is no longer selling Mahindra Tractors. I was told that any Mahindra dealer will take care of any warrenty work if anything should come up. So I look for another dealer and the nearest one is a little over 300 miles from the house!ouch!!! :shocked:

/ 5010HST Cab 300+ hours #2  
Sorry to hear that about your dealer. Glad you are enjoying your tractor. I have enjoyed mine. I don't know how many hours are on mine, very dusty inside cab. I feel confident in its ability to keep up. I use it for everything on the farm. It really is a great little tractor. I flipped tires and wheels out to get 30" on center spacing to drive over raised beds for planting. Need to add lights to see better at night ( limo tint ). I really like how good it is on fuel! People tell me that's not a row crop tractor, well maybe not, but it fits my rows. I'm not real easy on it, it stays greased and serviced, but I run the stew out of it. What all do you use yours for, Dutch?

Attachments

• image-1699429204.jpg
    image-1699429204.jpg
    514.4 KB · Views: 169
   / 5010HST Cab 300+ hours
Sorry to hear that about your dealer. Glad you are enjoying your tractor. I have enjoyed mine. I don't know how many hours are on mine, very dusty inside cab. I feel confident in its ability to keep up. I use it for everything on the farm. It really is a great little tractor. I flipped tires and wheels out to get 30" on center spacing to drive over raised beds for planting. Need to add lights to see better at night ( limo tint ). I really like how good it is on fuel! People tell me that's not a row crop tractor, well maybe not, but it fits my rows. I'm not real easy on it, it stays greased and serviced, but I run the stew out of it. What all do you use yours for, Dutch?

Sounds like you enjoy your tractor as much as I do mine. My hours mostly come from keeping the dirt roads around here semi smooth? The rest of the time clearing the land around the house and doing odd jobs for some of the neighbors. I have been doing the service work on my tractor also. I really like your tint, I must get mine done before this summer sets in should make the a/c's job a lot easier.:thumbsup:

/ 5010HST Cab 300+ hours #4  
If I had it to do over I would not have gone so dark. Guys were supposed to bring two different tints to let me see which I wanted. They forgot the lighter one, owner is a great guy, times are hard, they drove an hour to install, I'm pretty easy going, they did it right for me. I don't need shades:)
I use a landscape rake on ours between grading, it does a neat job filling potholes and makes it look pretty cool. My wife likes the tractor too. I told her we could use another just like it, and she responded " no, let's get the 6110 for me. "

/ 5010HST Cab 300+ hours #5  
That's quite a few hours for home owner use. :cool2: Sorry to hear that TWT quite carrying Mahindra. :( Sounds like you're getting some use out of the grader blade. :thumbsup:

Keep enjoying your 5010, you have a nice machine that should give you thousands of trouble free hours of use. ;)

/ 5010HST Cab 300+ hours
That's quite a few hours for home owner use. :cool2: Sorry to hear that TWT quite carrying Mahindra. :( Sounds like you're getting some use out of the grader blade. :thumbsup:

Keep enjoying your 5010, you have a nice machine that should give you thousands of trouble free hours of use. ;)

Now TWT is carrying LS so it was suggested that I now purchase an LS from them???:rolleyes:

I moved the blade on the grader down to the lower hole setting and that seems to work better for me on these dirt roads. The hours do seem to add up but with the cab unit I can be out in any type weather hot or cold working. I am doing more roads around me now and it takes more seat time.:thumbsup:

/ 5010HST Cab 300+ hours #7  
Now TWT is carrying LS so it was suggested that I now purchase an LS from them???:rolleyes:

I moved the blade on the grader down to the lower hole setting and that seems to work better for me on these dirt roads. The hours do seem to add up but with the cab unit I can be out in any type weather hot or cold working. I am doing more roads around me now and it takes more seat time.:thumbsup:

While the LS tractors are nice machines, I think that I would stay with what you have for now, that is unless you feel the need for a larger machine.;)

/ 5010HST Cab 300+ hours
While the LS tractors are nice machines, I think that I would stay with what you have for now, that is unless you feel the need for a larger machine.;)

Well bigger is always better.......:D I know it was a pure business decison on TWT part to drop Mahindra but it kind of left me and others out to dry!! I guess there is know way to tell if any dealer will continue to carry any product line after you purchase from them.

By the way your Fit Rite Hydraulics on the back blade are working just fine, thank you very much.:thumbsup:

/ 5010HST Cab 300+ hours #9  
Well bigger is always better.......:D I know it was a pure business decison on TWT part to drop Mahindra but it kind of left me and others out to dry!! I guess there is know way to tell if any dealer will continue to carry any product line after you purchase from them.

By the way your Fit Rite Hydraulics on the back blade are working just fine, thank you very much.:thumbsup:

Don't give up hope. When I bought my Mahindra in '06 I had two Mahindra dealers to choose from within 40 miles. 4 years later both were out of business even though both had carried other brands too. Just got caught in the recession and couldn't recover. One of these guys was in business for over 30 years prior to closing. After that my closest Mahindra dealer was 55 miles away but they still came to my property and took care of a recall issue at no charge. As of last year I now have a new Mahindra dealer less than 20 miles away. :). By the way, the place I purchased 2 flatbeds from now carries LS. He's less than 10 miles away. He started out being a car interior repair shop and steadily started selling more and more products. My closest JD, New Holland or Kubota dealers, just for comparison, are now all at least 40 miles away. Pretty funny how things change.

/ 5010HST Cab 300+ hours
Don't give up hope. When I bought my Mahindra in '06 I had two Mahindra dealers to choose from within 40 miles. 4 years later both were out of business even though both had carried other brands too. Just got caught in the recession and couldn't recover. One of these guys was in business for over 30 years prior to closing. After that my closest Mahindra dealer was 55 miles away but they still came to my property and took care of a recall issue at no charge. As of last year I now have a new Mahindra dealer less than 20 miles away. :). By the way, the place I purchased 2 flatbeds from now carries LS. He's less than 10 miles away. He started out being a car interior repair shop and steadily started selling more and more products. My closest JD, New Holland or Kubota dealers, just for comparison, are now all at least 40 miles away. Pretty funny how things change.

I would sure support another Mahindra dealer if one should open near here. At least for now the 5010 is running perfect so maybe I will never have to face taking it to another dealer. One of the reasons I purchased the Mahindra was its track record and the information I found on TBN.:thumbsup: