I need better information on the maintenance of a 6500 Mahindra.

/ I need better information on the maintenance of a 6500 Mahindra. #1  

louis Wedimer

Tractor
Mahindra 6500
I purchased the repair manual when I bought the tractor from a local dealer. The dealer does not have the Mahindra on his lot now and I do not want to use him for several reasons. I need to change the oil on the transmission and found a small drain plug on the 4wd linkage box in front of the transmission on the left side of the tractor. I think the oil drain on the transmissions / differential will drain the transmission but the 4wd linkage box may not drain. I can drain it but can not find a fill port. Also the fuel heater has not worked since I purchased the tractor and the dealer was of no help. I have the circuit and can trace it down but identifying the proper relay in the cluster in not in any document I have.
I have asked the factory for a better pdf repair manual and they told me that you have to be a dealer to obtain this manual.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks Louis

/ I need better information on the maintenance of a 6500 Mahindra. #2  
:welcome:

/ I need better information on the maintenance of a 6500 Mahindra. #3  
   / I need better information on the maintenance of a 6500 Mahindra. #4  
Welcome aboard. Perhaps you can call the nearest dealer and purchase one from them?

/ I need better information on the maintenance of a 6500 Mahindra. #5  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Mahindra Owning/Operating forum.

/ I need better information on the maintenance of a 6500 Mahindra. #6  
Louis W: the 6500 does not have a "fuel heater"...it has a manifold air heater...ie. it is direct inject and does not have "glow plugs"....how do you know its not working? Does the red light not come on when you hit the key to "on"? BobG in VA (PS: I've got an '02 6000--they didn't have a 6500 when I bought mine....

/ I need better information on the maintenance of a 6500 Mahindra.
Thanks, I meant to say manifold heater. There is a set of control relays located on the left side by the firewall. I can not find out which one is the heater relay and the information isn"t in the 6500 repair manual. Also cant find proper method to drain and refill the 4wd shift lever system.

Thanks again
Lw

/ I need better information on the maintenance of a 6500 Mahindra. #8  
Thanks, I meant to say manifold heater. There is a set of control relays located on the left side by the firewall. I can not find out which one is the heater relay and the information isn"t in the 6500 repair manual. Also cant find proper method to drain and refill the 4wd shift lever system.
Thanks again
Lw
Hopefully one of our local great Mahindra dealers will see this thread and answer all your questions...We are lucky to have them...they have a wealth of knowledge...BobG in Va

/ I need better information on the maintenance of a 6500 Mahindra. #9  
The 4WD gear box on the bottom of the transmission, should have a drain plug on the bottom of it. It gets its fluid from the transmission, so if you pull that plug you will drain the whole transmission. If you have a 6500 service manual, it should have a wiring diagram and you should be able to identify which relay by what color wires are going to it.

/ I need better information on the maintenance of a 6500 Mahindra. #10  
I believe the heater relay/timer module on 00 series is bolted inside the brace that runs from the top of the radiator to the firewall on the left side of the tractor.

Dave