Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gold Member

Default Re: My thoughts and some ???'s Mahindra 4035

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    Here's my and only my It really sounds like you are not happy with your tractor purchase. A fair chance that you never will be happy with it. Before you take a lot of time and energy trying to fix the problems that you feel that you have, sell it now before you are to vested in it. Go purchase a tractor that YOU ACTUALLY look at and will be happy with. Most of the time, if you aren't happy right away, you are never going to be happy with it. You will pick this tractor apart until the day that it's gone. Be done with it now and move on. Life is too short.

Like I said, just my
    Actually, I second that.

Tractor
    Mahindra 5035, JD 2240, 420

What I don't understand, is if you bought a used tractor... sight unseen... got it delivered and it is in bad shape.... Why blame Mahindra... ???? The tractor could have been used to clear and salt parking lots for those 125 hours... Or sitting beside the road in someones yard with a ' FORSALE ' sign on it... geting salt spray'd every time a vehicle passes. My tractor is out in the snow almost every day and looks about like new... [ only 120 hours, though... ] I third the getting rid of it and buying something else... try new next time...

Tractor
    JD 4105. 375 Backhoe. 2005 Polaris Ranger

OK, I gotta ask ..... Why does trailering a tractor make it rust?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra -------------

Just by your description, I can tell that this tractor has seen road salt. I know because I am in NYS. I have taken to putting a lot of my inventory in back of the building to protect them from the road salt. I have a used 2012 Kubota which I kept out front this winter, and am now in the process of doing some repainting, because of the rust caused by the road salt. Besides being a tractor and equipment dealer, I am also an automotive collision shop owner, and have found the automotive acrylic urethane to be much better at holding back the rust, but also very expensive.
    Galen LaWall
    Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
    185 Pearl Street
    Batavia, New York 14020

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    International 966, John Deere 2930, Kubota 8540, Cat 304C-Cr, Kubota 4800, Kubota 5030, Kubota 3940, Kubota L39, Mahindra 4035, Cub Cadet 3235, Kubota 7510, Kubota ZD 21

Quote Originally Posted by JerryK View Post
    What I don't understand, is if you bought a used tractor... sight unseen... got it delivered and it is in bad shape.... Why blame Mahindra... ???? The tractor could have been used to clear and salt parking lots for those 125 hours... Or sitting beside the road in someones yard with a ' FORSALE ' sign on it... geting salt spray'd every time a vehicle passes. My tractor is out in the snow almost every day and looks about like new... [ only 120 hours, though... ] I third the getting rid of it and buying something else... try new next time...
    Thanks for the reply. This tractor was used on a horse farm, about 90 miles from me. The guy told me it was housed 99% of the time and I have no reason not to believe him. In the past year I have bought 3 tractors, all around 2 years old and under 150 hours. I also bought them all sight unseen except for pictures. A Cat excavator, a Kubota 8540 and this Mahindra. The Cat and Kubota finish wise are a 9.5 out of 10. They look like a 2 year old tractor should. I don't know that the Mahindra wasn't bathed in salt everyday, (and I doubt it) but if it was, why are only certain parts of it rusting?
    I'll post the pics later today.

Thanks-

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    International 966, John Deere 2930, Kubota 8540, Cat 304C-Cr, Kubota 4800, Kubota 5030, Kubota 3940, Kubota L39, Mahindra 4035, Cub Cadet 3235, Kubota 7510, Kubota ZD 21

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    Here's my and only my It really sounds like you are not happy with your tractor purchase. A fair chance that you never will be happy with it. Before you take a lot of time and energy trying to fix the problems that you feel that you have, sell it now before you are to vested in it. Go purchase a tractor that YOU ACTUALLY look at and will be happy with. Most of the time, if you aren't happy right away, you are never going to be happy with it. You will pick this tractor apart until the day that it's gone. Be done with it now and move on. Life is too short.

Like I said, just my
    Thanks Brian. I am trying hard to like this tractor and for the most part I do. (Other than the steering wheel being too small and too far away, but that's another rant. I am only onto this one for 15K. I would have no problem having the rusted parts repainted, but I'm not convinced the rust will not just bleed through again. I also thought about buying new metal screens for the engine. I could do that, but I shouldn't have to. Like I said, I'll post some pics later.

Thanks

Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7305

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardA91 View Post
    OK, I gotta ask ..... Why does trailering a tractor make it rust?
    Trailering in adverse weather exposes a tractor to harsher than normal conditions. But these guys were probably talking about trailering in WINTER, when there is road salt. Most tractors don't get coated in salty road spray, they aren't as well designed or protected from it like modern automobiles.

Tractor
    Mahindra 5035, JD 2240, 420

Quote Originally Posted by millstreaminn View Post
    Thanks for the reply. This tractor was used on a horse farm, about 90 miles from me. The guy told me it was housed 99% of the time and I have no reason not to believe him. In the past year I have bought 3 tractors, all around 2 years old and under 150 hours. I also bought them all sight unseen except for pictures. A Cat excavator, a Kubota 8540 and this Mahindra. The Cat and Kubota finish wise are a 9.5 out of 10. They look like a 2 year old tractor should. I don't know that the Mahindra wasn't bathed in salt everyday, (and I doubt it) but if it was, why are only certain parts of it rusting?
    I'll post the pics later today.

IThanks-

hope you get good use out of her. There is a foot pedal down below the steering column, press that down and the wheel should tilt to your liking.. worth a try.. I put a spinner on mine, just like my other tractors...

Bronze Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by JerryK View Post
    hope you get good use out of her. There is a foot pedal down below the steering column, press that down and the wheel should tilt to your liking.. worth a try.. I put a spinner on mine, just like my other tractors...
    Yep, it tilts just fine, it just needs to telescope...

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra -------------

Quote Originally Posted by millstreaminn View Post
    Yep, it tilts just fine, it just needs to telescope...
    Try adjusting the backrest on the seat. I think you will find that to help.
    Galen LaWall
    Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
    185 Pearl Street
    Batavia, New York 14020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast