Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Default Lever on Auxiliary Hydraulic Kit

I have a 3016 that is some 2 years old and had the Auxiliary Hydraulic kit installed by the dealer when I bought the tractor. I just started using the lever with a Top-n-Tilt kit and am told the lever for the Auxiliary kit should be spring loaded and return to the central position. Mine does not return to center position. Something inside the linkage is preventing lever from moving freely or there are some spring(s) missing. Does anyone have suggestions on how to repair?

Tractor
    Mahindra 3215HST

Mine is not a spring return to center design on my 3215. The lever stays wherever you leave it. I believe the same model is used on the 3016/3616.

'06 Mahindra 3215HST,KMW ML111 FEL,BushHog SBX65 Boxblade,BushHog RZ160 Rotary Cutter,Kasco KOS604 Seeder,Cosmo 250 3PT Spreader,Southern 6' Landscape Rake,Rhino LR 6' Rear Blade

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Default Re: Lever on Auxiliary Hydraulic Kit

to TBN You have a detent to remove in your valve
    Murph ------------

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Quote Originally Posted by MrChris View Post
    Mine is not a spring return to center design on my 3215. The lever stays wherever you leave it. I believe the same model is used on the 3016/3616.
    I think that you there must be some sort of a problem with these kits. Mine was the same exact way when I went to pick up my 3215 at the dealer. (Dave's Tractor) I pointed it out to him and he proceeded to tear it apart and rectify the problem. I was right there, but I don't remember what the problem had been. Ever since I have had it (5-6 years now), it has continued to work as it should, it springs back to neutral on it's own from either position and float position works as it should with just a slight nudge to lock it in position and a small bump of the handle and it springs back to neutral.

Now that I'm thinking about it,I think that there is a spring inside with some steel balls and if that spring is not in the right place, then the lever does not work properly. I do remember that it was an easy fix with the parts that were there in the valve. The seat needs to be removed, and the plastic cover piece that is fastened to the fender that the control lever comes up through .

These valves are not motor spool valves, they are not self canceling valves. They do not have a detent other than for the float position. They are just stiff when they are assembled wrong.

I will see if I can find out some more info. I just looked through my service manual and it has nothing pertaining to the OEM remote valve.
    Last edited by MtnViewRanch; 02-26-2013 at 09:26 PM.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor
    Mahindra 3215HST

Interesting. Mine definitely has always been stiff. Do you think it can be disassembled and fixed without removing the valve body from the tractor?

'06 Mahindra 3215HST,KMW ML111 FEL,BushHog SBX65 Boxblade,BushHog RZ160 Rotary Cutter,Kasco KOS604 Seeder,Cosmo 250 3PT Spreader,Southern 6' Landscape Rake,Rhino LR 6' Rear Blade

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

I'm pretty sure that the valve body cover plate has to come off. It really isn't that big of a deal as I remember it. Actually getting the spring in the proper location and then getting all the balls in place. Dave just used some grease to hold everything in place and then put the cover to the valve back on.

The other thing that hinders movement is that nylon guide on the lever handle that goes through the plastic. It's there for a good reason I suppose, seems like it binds up on the plastic if the handle doesn't come through the plastic at about 90 degrees though. The control lever can be adjusted (bent) in a way so that the nylon does not bind up. It just takes some fiddling with to get it to work smoothly.

I'll see if I can get some other info tomorrow. Here is a parts blowup of the valve, not that it is of any help.

Here is a link to a video to see how my remote lever works.
    Last edited by MtnViewRanch; 02-27-2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: more info & video
    Brian

Tractor
    Mahindra 3215HST

Thanks Brian. Looks like I'll be pulling the valve and taking it apart! Just out of curiosity I called 4 Mahindra dealers. 2 didn't have a clue how it was supposed to work. 1 thought it should be spring return and 1 knew definitely that it was spring return. None knew of any customer complaints. My valve part# is actually for the 16 series since I just got it about a year ago. That's a bit suprising considering yours is a bit older and yet mine may have the same assembly issue. Also, thanks Wood Hound. If you hadn't posted I doubt I would have ever realised the valve was not operating as designed.
    Last edited by MrChris; 02-27-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by MrChris View Post
    Thanks Brian. Looks like I'll be pulling the valve and taking it apart! Just out of curiosity I called 4 Mahindra dealers. 2 didn't have a clue how it was supposed to work. 1 thought it should be spring return and 1 knew definitely that it was spring return. None knew of any customer complaints. My valve part# is actually for the 16 series since I just got it about a year ago. That's a bit suprising considering yours is a bit older and yet mine may have the same assembly issue. Also, thanks Wood Hound. If you hadn't posted I doubt I would have ever realised the valve was not operating as designed.
    No one complains because of,

A, not that many people spend the $$$$ for the OEM single remote, and

B, not to many people realize that anything is even wrong.

It looks to me from looking at the parts diagram and looking at the 3215 and 3016 lists that they are indeed the same parts.
    Brian

Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Gentlemen,
    CASE CLOSED! I too had similar experiences to Mr. Chris after talking to two Mahindra dealers including two of their best mechanics. All said the same, the lever springs back on some tractors but not others and they could not explain the reason. After reviewing the instruction manual "Auxiliary Valve Attachment" on the Mahindra website, I discovered that there were four conical springs pinched against the lever and tigthened with double nuts holding the lever in place. I released the tension on the inside nut and the lever began operating correctly. Then started the tractor and now the lever works great and the Top-n-Tilt works much better. Now, adjusting top angle, the box blade doesn't shift tilt positions when adjusting.

Mr Chris - removing the OEM valve kit will be very painful. Try adjusting the connical springs. Download the Set-up Instructions if you need. Thanks to Brian for assisting. Thanks to Brenda and Charles at Mahindra for their help.

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor

Wood Hound, this is absolutely GREAT NEWS. The answers from the Mahindra dealers is a perfect example of if no one complains, then there must not be anything wrong. Corporate has come through with some answers on what in all reality appears to be a simple installation adjustment that should have been done at and by the dealer when the remote is installed.

This problem was taken care of in short order, why can we not do this with most everything? It sure would make life a lot easier.
    Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast