Default Diff lock problems

Does anyone know how to adjust the diff lock on my 3316. It seems like when I press the pedal down it won't lock into position and only one tire spins. I've read a few of the posts and tried a few of the different ways to try to lock it in but it feels like it just spins past. I could have sheared off the gear also so if anyone knows how to replace that it would be great. Thanks.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra -------------

Default Re: Diff lock problems

Quote Originally Posted by LongGone2saskatchewan View Post
    Does anyone know how to adjust the diff lock on my 3316. It seems like when I press the pedal down it won't lock into position and only one tire spins. I've read a few of the posts and tried a few of the different ways to try to lock it in but it feels like it just spins past. I could have sheared off the gear also so if anyone knows how to replace that it would be great. Thanks.
    The adjustment is in the linkage on the opposite side of the pedal, just in front of the axil.
    Galen LaWall
    Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
    185 Pearl Street
    Batavia, New York 14020

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2216

I had a similar issue with my 2216 that only one tire would spin with the differential lock engaged. The tractor also had a problem moving forward if there was resistance. The rim was spinning inside the tire bead and I couldn't see it from the seat. My dealer figured out what was going on and I linked the findings in my post below. It may or may not be your problem, but something easy to check by just marking the tire and the rim with a dot of paint.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/m...ml#post3187633

Quote Originally Posted by LongGone2saskatchewan View Post
    if they are anything like the 3215's, they are know to break the cog in there and would have to be repaired.

Found the adjustment. Tweaked it about a half inch tried it on the first snow bank and both tires were spinning no problem. Thanks alot for the tips everyone.