Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 56
  1. #11
    Super Star Member murphy1244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    16,377
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

    Default Re: Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?

    Quote Originally Posted by millstreaminn View Post
    In one of the pictures you can see a car wash pump down in the corner. I own a few car washes and I put an old pump in all of the garages. I'm kinda anal about clean tractors...
    Then why would you buy a tractor sight unseen?
    Murph ------------

  2. #12
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    92
    Location
    Northern Pa
    Tractor
    International 966, John Deere 2930, Kubota 8540, Cat 304C-Cr, Kubota 4800, Kubota 5030, Kubota 3940, Kubota L39, Mahindra 4035, Cub Cadet 3235, Kubota 7510, Kubota ZD 21

    Default Re: Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?

    Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    So you don't know what its been doing for 130 hours. Why did you buy it sight unknown? Did they even provide pics of it?
    The guy I bought it from said his wife used it to clean her horse barn. He said it was stored inside 99% of the time. I only saw pics of it, looked just like the first three I posted here. I figured, 2 years old, 150 hours, and the pics look good, so I bought it. The guy delivered it at night so I really didn't get a good look at it.

  3. #13
    Super Star Member murphy1244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    16,377
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

    Default Re: Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?

    Quote Originally Posted by millstreaminn View Post
    The guy I bought it from said his wife used it to clean her horse barn. He said it was stored inside 99% of the time. I only saw pics of it, looked just like the first three I posted here. I figured, 2 years old, 150 hours, and the pics look good, so I bought it. The guy delivered it at night so I really didn't get a good look at it.
    That sucks, Hopefully you got a good deal on it. You going to keep it? So you did have pics. not sight unseen.
    Murph ------------

  4. #14
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    92
    Location
    Northern Pa
    Tractor
    International 966, John Deere 2930, Kubota 8540, Cat 304C-Cr, Kubota 4800, Kubota 5030, Kubota 3940, Kubota L39, Mahindra 4035, Cub Cadet 3235, Kubota 7510, Kubota ZD 21

    Default Re: Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?

    Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    Did you buy it new? Good of spent its 130 moving snow or salt. You need to rinse it off in the winter.
    I have one tractor in particular that is around 7 years old, 2000 hours, moved corn silage, fertilizer and snow EVERY year and look much better than this one.

  5. #15
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    92
    Location
    Northern Pa
    Tractor
    International 966, John Deere 2930, Kubota 8540, Cat 304C-Cr, Kubota 4800, Kubota 5030, Kubota 3940, Kubota L39, Mahindra 4035, Cub Cadet 3235, Kubota 7510, Kubota ZD 21

    Default Re: Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?

    Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    That sucks, Hopefully you got a good deal on it. You going to keep it? So you did have pics. not sight unseen.
    I paid 15,200 delivered. When I said sight unseen, I should have said I didn't go and personally inspect it. Like I said, from my first 3 pics, you would think it's in great shape. In all honesty it is. If I replaced the metal screen on the hood and repainted the back end it would be fine. My beef is I shouldn't have to do that to a 2 year old tractor, no matter what it did for the two years.

  6. #16
    Super Star Member murphy1244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    16,377
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

    Default Re: Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?

    Quote Originally Posted by millstreaminn View Post
    I paid 15,200 delivered. When I said sight unseen, I should have said I didn't go and personally inspect it. Like I said, from my first 3 pics, you would think it's in great shape. In all honesty it is. If I replaced the metal screen on the hood and repainted the back end it would be fine. My beef is I shouldn't have to do that to a 2 year old tractor, no matter what it did for the two years.
    With that last line I agree, but I wouldn't beat myself up over it. Move on and get rid of it.
    Murph ------------

  7. #17
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?

    Did you say the guy, or his wife, used it to "Clean a Horse Barn".. Correct me if I am wrong, but if the tractor was exposed to manure for two years, could this not have caused the rust? I know for a solid fact what cow/horse sh it does to the paint on a car when you run over it in the road. High acid content. If this was used to clean crap out of a barn, you might have found a culprit.

  8. #18
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,232
    Location
    4000\' mountains of Southern California
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

    Default Re: Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?

    You got a good price on it at $15,200. You say that the tractor appears to be in good overall condition. Would you have still bought it if you HAD looked at it in person?
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

  9. #19
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    92
    Location
    Northern Pa
    Tractor
    International 966, John Deere 2930, Kubota 8540, Cat 304C-Cr, Kubota 4800, Kubota 5030, Kubota 3940, Kubota L39, Mahindra 4035, Cub Cadet 3235, Kubota 7510, Kubota ZD 21

    Default Re: Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?

    Quote Originally Posted by Singalo View Post
    Did you say the guy, or his wife, used it to "Clean a Horse Barn".. Correct me if I am wrong, but if the tractor was exposed to manure for two years, could this not have caused the rust? I know for a solid fact what cow/horse sh it does to the paint on a car when you run over it in the road. High acid content. If this was used to clean crap out of a barn, you might have found a culprit.
    No, I am sure manure was not the problem. All of my other loader tractors load manure at least several times a year.

  10. #20
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    92
    Location
    Northern Pa
    Tractor
    International 966, John Deere 2930, Kubota 8540, Cat 304C-Cr, Kubota 4800, Kubota 5030, Kubota 3940, Kubota L39, Mahindra 4035, Cub Cadet 3235, Kubota 7510, Kubota ZD 21

    Default Re: Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    You got a good price on it at $15,200. You say that the tractor appears to be in good overall condition. Would you have still bought it if you HAD looked at it in person?
    Everything else is in good condition. The guy had it advertised for 20 but took 15 in cash and I offered him 200 to deliver. Had I have seen it in person, I probably would still have bought it. I just wouldn't have thought I got such a good deal, though. I bought a Kubota 8530 that was 2 years old and around 200 hours that still had the plastic on the seat. The thing that is ticking me off is the rust on the tractor for only 2 years old.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My thoughts and some ???'s Mahindra 4035
    By millstreaminn in forum Mahindra Owning/Operating
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-02-2013, 09:26 PM
  2. Mahindra 4035 reliability
    By IRONMAN549 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 05:09 PM
  3. Buying Advice Anyone have recent pics of their new 3535 or 4035 Shuttles?
    By OzarkCajun in forum Mahindra Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 03:51 AM
  4. Price Check mahindra 4035
    By the6shooter in forum Mahindra Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 06:38 AM
  5. Mahindra 3535 or the 4035 or another
    By donawilcox in forum Mahindra Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 07:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.