Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #11  
In one of the pictures you can see a car wash pump down in the corner. I own a few car washes and I put an old pump in all of the garages. :) I'm kinda **** about clean tractors...

Then why would you buy a tractor sight unseen?

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?
So you don't know what its been doing for 130 hours. Why did you buy it sight unknown? Did they even provide pics of it?

The guy I bought it from said his wife used it to clean her horse barn. He said it was stored inside 99% of the time. I only saw pics of it, looked just like the first three I posted here. I figured, 2 years old, 150 hours, and the pics look good, so I bought it. The guy delivered it at night so I really didn't get a good look at it.

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #13  
The guy I bought it from said his wife used it to clean her horse barn. He said it was stored inside 99% of the time. I only saw pics of it, looked just like the first three I posted here. I figured, 2 years old, 150 hours, and the pics look good, so I bought it. The guy delivered it at night so I really didn't get a good look at it.

That sucks, Hopefully you got a good deal on it. You going to keep it? So you did have pics. not sight unseen.

Did you buy it new? Good of spent its 130 moving snow or salt. You need to rinse it off in the winter.
I have one tractor in particular that is around 7 years old, 2000 hours, moved corn silage, fertilizer and snow EVERY year and look much better than this one.

That sucks, Hopefully you got a good deal on it. You going to keep it? So you did have pics. not sight unseen.
I paid 15,200 delivered. When I said sight unseen, I should have said I didn't go and personally inspect it. Like I said, from my first 3 pics, you would think it's in great shape. In all honesty it is. If I replaced the metal screen on the hood and repainted the back end it would be fine. My beef is I shouldn't have to do that to a 2 year old tractor, no matter what it did for the two years.

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #16  
I paid 15,200 delivered. When I said sight unseen, I should have said I didn't go and personally inspect it. Like I said, from my first 3 pics, you would think it's in great shape. In all honesty it is. If I replaced the metal screen on the hood and repainted the back end it would be fine. My beef is I shouldn't have to do that to a 2 year old tractor, no matter what it did for the two years.

With that last line I agree, but I wouldn't beat myself up over it. Move on and get rid of it.

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #17  
Did you say the guy, or his wife, used it to "Clean a Horse Barn".. Correct me if I am wrong, but if the tractor was exposed to manure for two years, could this not have caused the rust? I know for a solid fact what cow/horse sh it does to the paint on a car when you run over it in the road. High acid content. If this was used to clean crap out of a barn, you might have found a culprit.

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #18  
You got a good price on it at $15,200. You say that the tractor appears to be in good overall condition. Would you have still bought it if you HAD looked at it in person?

Did you say the guy, or his wife, used it to "Clean a Horse Barn".. Correct me if I am wrong, but if the tractor was exposed to manure for two years, could this not have caused the rust? I know for a solid fact what cow/horse sh it does to the paint on a car when you run over it in the road. High acid content. If this was used to clean crap out of a barn, you might have found a culprit.
No, I am sure manure was not the problem. All of my other loader tractors load manure at least several times a year.

You got a good price on it at $15,200. You say that the tractor appears to be in good overall condition. Would you have still bought it if you HAD looked at it in person?

Everything else is in good condition. The guy had it advertised for 20 but took 15 in cash and I offered him 200 to deliver. Had I have seen it in person, I probably would still have bought it. I just wouldn't have thought I got such a good deal, though. :) I bought a Kubota 8530 that was 2 years old and around 200 hours that still had the plastic on the seat. The thing that is ticking me off is the rust on the tractor for only 2 years old.