Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?
millstreaminn,

Just a heads-up that your 2 year old Mahindra that you bought used was built near the end of 2008, so it is 4.5 years old if you go by manufacture date. It may have been first sold in 2010, perhaps, but it is not a 2 year old tractor by any means. By 2010 the frames and all the gray parts were switched over to a satin black color, which was my first clue, the second clue being the serial number of course which I can see in your picture. I would also guess you do not have the now standard rear remote or the now standard grill guard. Had it been a 2010 build date, those would have been included.

The black paint seems to be more durable, and it is a piece of cake to match with rattle can paint brand of your choice. Up front it appears the battery has leaked some. In the back, I'd say the paint was thin from the factory, especially on the underside of the lift arms which is sort of hard to shoot on the automated paint line. No doubt the paint looks thin in the back.

Seems you are having buyers remorse for not looking at the tractor ahead of time. I'd suggest you just clean it good and repaint the gray parts and you will be good to go. Probably a couple hours cleaning and scuffing things up for good paint adherance, a little taping off and then two or three light coats and your tractor will look like new. While annoying, this is cosmetic. You got a good deal on a good tractor based on the low hours especially.

I'm not denying the paint should have been better, but I think it is time to move on and quit bashing Mahindra. I say that respectfully and I am only responding because I think your complaint over your "two year old" tractor might give people the wrong impression of Mahindra.

Hi Dave,
I said this was a two year old tractor because it was sold to me as such. I didn't research the production date so you may or may not be correct. I'm sorry you took my posts as bashing, that was not my intention. I know that some people are overly sensitive when anything negative comes up about their favorite brand. My comments were just my observations and opinions.

BWTFDIK?

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #52  
I am going to throw in my 2cents about, Dave. Dave has helped out a lot of people on this forum and I am sure if you had a problem with a brand other than Mahindra, and if Dave knew how he could help you he certainly would. Dave is one of the most consientous, and well respected tractor dealers you will ever find.

Hey!!! Quit hijacking my thread!! Mahindra is a good tractor. Where they lag behind is in fit and finish. I have a chicken on the grill. I'm gonna go eat.

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #54  
Thread pruned. No PMs sent. Please continue discussion.

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #55  
Thanks for the reply! I sent a txt to the guy I bought it from and asked him if he had any problems with it. He said that after he had it for six months the battery went dead. He said the dealer picked it up and put a new battery in it. I'll bet like you said the battery either cracked or a cap came loose... Now that I am 99% sure where the corrosion came from, I am going to replace the metal screens around the nose of the tractor. I was hesitant to do that not know what caused them to rust. Thanks for the insight! :)
If that is the case I would give the radiator a hard look. Aluminum is a quick meal for acid mist and fumes pulled by the fan. ... or is it a pusher fan used on that model. :confused2:
larry

Thanks Larry. I plan to pull the skins off it this weekend and see what is going on around the battery and frame. If nothing more, I'll get after the engine with the pressure washer.