Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #1  

millstreaminn

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 8540, 4800, L39, 7510, Zd28 International 966, Cat 304, Mahindra 4035, Deere 350 and 450, Komatsu D21
Okay. Here's the pics, 2 year old Mahindra, 130 hours: Looks good from a distance...

photo-11_zps2aa8b4c8.jpg

photo-11_zps236fc844.jpg

photo-11_zps11b487c2.jpg

And the close up shots...

ebced81b-01da-4ccd-a8b4-adb4e26bac55_zps6080253f.jpg

photo-11_zpsd2db26ad.jpg

photo-11_zpscc52d24d.jpg

My thing is is there is absolutely NO rust one the loader arms, frame or bucket. I've read that someone else makes Mahindras loaders? If this tractor was bathed in salt for 2 years, (and I doubt it was) why isn't there any rust on the loader? I can't believe anyone would say this is average rust for a 2 year old Mahindra? Maybe it is?

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #2  
Well, this isn't meant to be a brand statement at all, but my 15 year old New Holland isn't rusted that bad! And it was in the salt of Ohio for 12 years pushing snow and sat outside under a tarp, not in a garage.

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #3  
Is it possible that battery fumes contributed to the rust up front,? as for the lift arms, you just have to keep up with inspections and painting on tractors. Their paint jobs are not the same quality as a new car or truck.. I touch up mine all the time and always have, Long, NewHolland, Kubota's or even the New Kioti. Now you need a brush and some rust reformer and some paint.. Better get after it quick. Might put some baking soda on the areas up front and see if it bubbles violently. If it does you will know the acid played a part in the rust formation. And it will help neutralize the acid. If not, Just wash it off a bunch of times and get after it with the rust reformer. and then paint.

James K0UA

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #4  
Did you buy it new? Good of spent its 130 moving snow or salt. You need to rinse it off in the winter.

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal?
I don't know man,,, looks like it was exposed to road salt, probably during a trailer ride. And it's hard to tell, but it looks like it spent most of its time outside under the sun from the fade in the hood and fenders. I can totally see salt doing that to more delicate parts like the screens.

I won't use the P word again for fear of being perma banned.

The fade you see is a light coat of ash from my wood stove. The paint is shiny and like new.

Well, this isn't meant to be a brand statement at all, but my 15 year old New Holland isn't rusted that bad! And it was in the salt of Ohio for 12 years pushing snow and sat outside under a tarp, not in a garage.

Agreed. I own 9 tractors, one of almost every manufacturer. None look like this at 2 years old...

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #7  
My dealer carried Landini, but had a hard time selling them. A few of them sat out front of the dealership right next to the highway to get more exposure. They looked like yours. Is it possible they spent time close to road salt spray before you took it home? Do you do any road travel? There have also been many complaints about Mahindra paint as well. I think the fact that the loader is still fine may show that.

/ Rust pics of my 2 year old Mahindra 4035... Is this normal? #9  
You need to rinse it off in the winter.

In one of the pictures you can see a car wash pump down in the corner. I own a few car washes and I put an old pump in all of the garages. :) I'm kinda **** about clean tractors...