Max28 FEL quick attach

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #11  
So then, how does the Mahindra pallet fork fel attachment hook to the FEL? Looks like it might be a QA. Or do the pins have to be punched out and replaced each time a swap is made? Does anybody out there actually use this? How quick is it to change out?

What's happening is we are building a house and barn/hobby studio this summer. There will be a few things delivered to us separate from the contractors that we will need a tractor with FEL pallet forks (or a separate forklift) for up to about 1250 pounds to unload from the delivery truck and maneuver around the homesite (manufactured fireplace at 400#, propane gas ceramics kiln at 1250#, miscellaneous hobby stuff at 500-1000#, etc.). The Max28 seems to fit our needs for both a very small farm of just a few acres and the construction phase.
You must remove the pins each time you change the attachments. The nice thing about the forks, they are also compatible with your 3-point hitch. By the way, these are manufactured by Kodiak. https://www.forddistributing.com/products/kodiak-pallet-fork-pallet-forks

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #12  
You may want to look into how much weight you can lift with the forks. I have to assume the loader lifts less the further out from the FEL arms you get.

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #13  
You may want to look into how much weight you can lift with the forks. I have to assume the loader lifts less the further out from the FEL arms you get.

This is true. Is there an OE set of forks available for the ML205? I know there is not for the ML202. Based off of the earlier post about the things needed to unload (kiln) I doubt the Max28 is big enough to do that with forks.

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #14  
The key is that there is no QA designed for you loader. It's done that way on purpose. Your three point is designed to attach to all types of things built to that standard. I am not saying you WILL have an issue, and the chances are good (especially with Mahindra) that you won't... but it's something you have to be aware of.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but unless you can come up with an example where a manufacturer actually tried to pull this, I think you're just fear-mongering. Assuming that you don't physically damage the loader, or overload it, or something like that, I don't see how it matters whether I punch the pins, take the bucket off, and put on a pallet forks, or a trailer mover, or a QA plate. Whether there is a QA plate between the bucket and the loader pins can't, in any sane world, be a deal-breaker on your warranty. There absolutely is a QA designed for your loader: EA will happily fabricate one from you, for example.

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #15  
I don't mean to be disrespectful, but unless you can come up with an example where a manufacturer actually tried to pull this, I think you're just fear-mongering. Assuming that you don't physically damage the loader, or overload it, or something like that, I don't see how it matters whether I punch the pins, take the bucket off, and put on a pallet forks, or a trailer mover, or a QA plate. Whether there is a QA plate between the bucket and the loader pins can't, in any sane world, be a deal-breaker on your warranty. There absolutely is a QA designed for your loader: EA will happily fabricate one from you, for example.

Now I am fear mongering.... sheesh... Clearly you think I know nothing about the business. I suggest you go search through my posts. At any rate you are right... as long as you don't tear anything up there it makes NO difference where you put the pins... that seems obvious, but you are right...

But... if you put and aftermarket QA and pallet fork set on there and bust your front axle or crack a bell housing... you will be on your own.

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #16  
Clearly you think I know nothing about the business.

Not at all. I'm just trying to figure out whether you're talking from experience or conjecture, which is why I've asked you twice whether you know of an example of a manufacturer refusing warranty due simply to the use of a non-OEM FEL attachment. If you know of one, I'd love to know more about it.

At any rate you are right... as long as you don't tear anything up there it makes NO difference where you put the pins... that seems obvious, but you are right... But... if you put and aftermarket QA and pallet fork set on there and bust your front axle or crack a bell housing... you will be on your own.

Yes, but--and this has been my point all along--that's going to be true whether you've got a QA or not. I wonder if your point is not that the QA itself will void the warranty, but that the SSQA will allow you to pick up implements that are generally too large for the loader, and so will encourage you to overload it and damage it. If that's your point, then we're 100% in agreement. The operator must be responsible for knowing their machine's capabilities and not exceeding them.

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #17  
OK... so I think in principal we agree...

And yes I know for 100% from experience that warranty can be denied for things like that. I happened to have just spent the morning processing loader warranty claims... ;)

The major sticking point is that the smaller the unit... the easier it is to add something to it that will tear it up like you were alluding to...

and in response to another post about Kubota... I have yet to find an OE QA offered for a similarly sized machine...

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #18  
joshuabardwell, just in case you didn't realize it, rback33 is THE MAN at KMW loaders. KMW is who builds Mahindra's loaders. I am pretty sure that you cannot find ANYONE that will know more about all situations as far Mahindra loaders are concerned.

It's always fun to listen to or read what people have to say about things (good & bad) when they are conversing with someone in the know, but don't know to whom they are actually conversing with. ;)

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #19  
OK... so I think in principal we agree...

And yes I know for 100% from experience that warranty can be denied for things like that. I happened to have just spent the morning processing loader warranty claims... ;)

The major sticking point is that the smaller the unit... the easier it is to add something to it that will tear it up like you were alluding to...

and in response to another post about Kubota... I have yet to find an OE QA offered for a similarly sized machine...

I just looked and Kubota does not offer any QA for the B2920 and I didn't bother looking at any BXs.

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #20  
joshuabardwell, just in case you didn't realize it, rback33 is THE MAN at KMW loaders. KMW is who builds Mahindra's loaders. I am pretty sure that you cannot find ANYONE that will know more about all situations as far Mahindra loaders are concerned.

What? How dare you suggest there might have been something that I didn't know!

:newhere: :rolleyes: