Max28 FEL quick attach

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #1  

edlegault

Gold Member
We are thinking about a Max28, a lot because of the front loader lift capacity. I read conflicting info on the availability of a quick attach for the front end loader. Mahindra people... is there or is there not a quick attach system, either Mahindra or an off the shelf system from a third party, for the Max28 FEL?

thx.

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #2  
I am sure there is not an OEM QA... you might be able to find one after market though... I would be wary doing this due to warranty issues.

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #3  
You never know what a manufacturer is going to claim, but it's hard for me to imagine how a QA would void a warranty. It should just pin on in place of the bucket, right? How is it different from any other implement that one might pin onto one's loader arms? Might as well claim you're going to void a warranty by changing out your bucket for pallet forks.

You might look into whether the Titan QA conversion kit shown in this thread (http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/270316-quick-attach-conversion-kit-need.html) will work for you. The way it works is, Titan supplies the QA adapter, but it doesn't have the pin-on "ears". You cut the ears off your bucket and weld them to the adapter, thereby guaranteeing that the adapter will properly fit the loader. Then you weld a QA plate onto the bucket.

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #4  
It falls under the category of "manufacturer approved attachments"...

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #5  
We offer the WR Long Quick Attach Adapters that will convert the loader to universal SS quick attach. It will be custom made to pin onto your loader. The mahindra max loader is not on file so you'd need to fill out a blank drawing with some measurements in order for them to build one.

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #6  
It falls under the category of "manufacturer approved attachments"...

I'm really just stunned that this might even be an issue. The whole point of the loader is that you can change out attachments. I suppose if you put a huge bucket on the tractor that caused you to overload the thing and damage the loader, you might have a point, but it's always the case that if you damage your device through stupidity or carelessness, the manufacturer will try to refuse the warranty. There's no way I can imagine that a manufacturer would get a blanket veto on what attachments I can and can't put on my FEL. I mean, does that apply to the three-point? Can I use any Cat-1 three-point implement on my tractor, or will I void my warranty if I use an implement that is not OEM?

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #7  
The key is that there is no QA designed for you loader. It's done that way on purpose. Your three point is designed to attach to all types of things built to that standard. I am not saying you WILL have an issue, and the chances are good (especially with Mahindra) that you won't... but it's something you have to be aware of.

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #8  
One of the Tag lines for Mahindra Max tractors is that they are "Real Tractors, not lawn mowers".

If putting a QA on a Max is a "Real Issue" for warranty, and you really want one, maybe you should consider going with a more refined, "Lawn Mower" like Kubota that is not afraid of a QA on their equipment.

YIKES, watch out, here comes the thunder.

/ Max28 FEL quick attach #9  
sidewaysmileys-1-1-1-1-1-1.gif
Rut-roh

/ Max28 FEL quick attach
So then, how does the Mahindra pallet fork fel attachment hook to the FEL? Looks like it might be a QA. Or do the pins have to be punched out and replaced each time a swap is made? Does anybody out there actually use this? How quick is it to change out?

What's happening is we are building a house and barn/hobby studio this summer. There will be a few things delivered to us separate from the contractors that we will need a tractor with FEL pallet forks (or a separate forklift) for up to about 1250 pounds to unload from the delivery truck and maneuver around the homesite (manufactured fireplace at 400#, propane gas ceramics kiln at 1250#, miscellaneous hobby stuff at 500-1000#, etc.). The Max28 seems to fit our needs for both a very small farm of just a few acres and the construction phase.