Expensive service job

/ Expensive service job
My manual gives the same options that's why it surprised me when he told her that. The way I have to work I can't make it to pick things up like that. I was all for using their filters but read on here how high the oil was.

/ Expensive service job #12  
My manual gives the same options that's why it surprised me when he told her that. The way I have to work I can't make it to pick things up like that. I was all for using their filters but read on here how high the oil was.
I know what you mean, Although I love my 4035, my nearest dealer is 50 miles away. I was all into getting their filters too, until I found out the price. My fuel filter was $63 dollars at the dealer, plus the gas for picking it up, It is actually a Bosch filter that I can get at my local napa for $35, Which crosses to a fleetguard for $12. I did a lot of research on filters and oil before buying any. Right now I am running napa 15/40 in the motor and Excel universal hydraulic oil. I called the company to check the specs before I put a drop in. They actually make and bottle most of the hydraulic oil for most of the tractor manufacturers.

/ Expensive service job #13  
These tractors are in service around the world and many are no where near a dealer of any kind. I am sure they do not get Mahindra fluids. I am running Mobil Delvac 1300 in the engine and Tractor Supply Premium Trans. Hyd. and Diff. fluid with no problems from the dealer. Use a cross reference for some less expensive filters. Enjoy your tractor!

/ Expensive service job #14  
Call the dealer and ask if they are familliar with the Magnussen Moss warranty act...I recently did the initial 50 hr service on my 4530 and was told the same thing.(I must use Mahindra oil to maintain the warranty)..to which I called BS...The magnussen moss warranty act basically says that if a manufacturer insists you use their brand to maintain warranty they supply it for free..Look up my thread I posted awhile back...4530 50 hr service ( I would post a link but I dont know how)It has a bit of info in it along with the opinion of a trusted Mahindra dealer on this forum...
Regards
Sean...

/ Expensive service job #15  
I am still dumbfounded that some manufacturers have you dump all the fluid and filters at 50 hours. That's a lot of fluid and $. My tractor doesn't call for a hydraulic fluid and filter change til 400 hours. Not saying I will wait that long. But similar machines, basically same fluid, and 50 hours vs 400? Doesn't makes sense.

If you just feel better changing it early that is fine, but the manual saying at 50? That's 8 gallons of hydraulic fluid, the impact of producing it, getting rid of it, never mind the $. Seems crazy to me.

/ Expensive service job #16  
I just do the filters at 50, that's it.

/ Expensive service job #17  
Actually if you look very carefully on mahindras website they will tell you they can deny warranty claims for not using the mahindra oil and filters. Not saying they will, but they can
Per the Magnum Moss Warranty Act they can ONLY do that IF they can show that the oil you used caused the problem.
From the FTC site:
http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus01-businesspersons-guide-federal-warranty-law#Magnuson-Moss said:
"Tie-In Sales" Provisions
Generally, tie-in sales provisions are not allowed. Such a provision would require a purchaser of the warranted product to buy an item or service from a particular company to use with the warranted product in order to be eligible to receive a remedy under the warranty. The following are examples of prohibited tie-in sales provisions.
In order to keep your new Plenum Brand Vacuum Cleaner warranty in effect, you must use genuine Plenum Brand Filter Bags. Failure to have scheduled maintenance performed, at your expense, by the Great American Maintenance Company, Inc., voids this warranty.

While you cannot use a tie-in sales provision, your warranty need not cover use of replacement parts, repairs, or maintenance that is inappropriate for your product. The following is an example of a permissible provision that excludes coverage of such things.
While necessary maintenance or repairs on your AudioMundo Stereo System can be performed by any company, we recommend that you use only authorized AudioMundo dealers. Improper or incorrectly performed maintenance or repair voids this warranty.

Although tie-in sales provisions generally are not allowed, you can include such a provision in your warranty if you can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the FTC that your product will not work properly without a specified item or service. If you believe that this is the case, you should contact the warranty staff of the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection for information on how to apply for a waiver of the tie-in sales prohibition.

Aaron Z

/ Expensive service job #18  
At 50 hrs. I didn't change the hydraulic fluid, just the filters. The manual for my 2615 doesn't require fluid change until 200 hrs. My dealer verified this info. However, to avoid any warranty issues, follow the maintenance schedule in your manual.

/ Expensive service job #19  
No where in my Mahindra manual does it state that I have to use any Mahindra branded oil...They state grades,specs of approved oils that meet their criteria.If only Mahindra branded oils were to be used (which werent even available on my dealer shelves when I purchased my tractor)it should be stated in the manual that it must be used to maintain warranty provisions..

/ Expensive service job #20  
As a dealer, we suggest using our oil, but a dealer that insists that a customer must use Mahindra oil and filters to maintain warranty coverage is either uninformed or being dishonest. And as some have said, if we insist then we must supply the parts at no charge!

I'd just suggest either using the OEM oil, or using top notch oil from elsewhere. Delo 400 or similar for the engine oil, and properly graded and rated hy-trans for the transmission/hydraulics.

It is our experience that the Mahindra oil is about the same price as other oils. If it is more, it isn't much. Certainly not double or triple like some have experienced. It is more a matter of convenience for some folks I think. You can buy Delo at WalMart, and there are a lot more Walmarts then there are Mahindra dealers.

I will admit the filters are expensive, which is basically what you find in the tractor world. I'd be careful using just any old filter that has the same thread size and pitch and for which the gasket seals. There are other features in a filter that are important, such as filtration size, by-pass valve, anti-drainback features, filter media area, pressure ratings, etc. If Wix or Baldwin says it crosses over, I'd think they have done their homework. But if you become your own filter engineer, you are taking some risk.

The biggest issue we have seen on filters have been with air filters. Guys will put something in that is close but does not quite seal, allowing dirt to enter the cylinders and then the motor is toast. 100% of the time, warranty will not cover that.