Expensive service job

/ Expensive service job #1  

love2farm

Tractor
4025 mahindra
Just done the 50hr. service on my 4025, Wasn't to bad till I started to take the Transmission Strainer out. Maybe I done it wrong but it didn't seem like there was enough room between the lines to get the strainer out. On top of that I ended up loosing most of my oil so I just went ahead and drained what was left and put new in. The suction filter was not bad at all. Going to wait a few more hrs. for the motor oil. It looks pretty simple. I sent my wife to the dealer after the filters and he told her that if I didn't use Mahindra oil it would void my warranty. I think that is total B.S. and he took advantage of her. 10 gal. of hyd fluid and 3 gal. of motor oil is 3 times more expensive than it would have been anywhere else. I really like this dealer and wouldn't think he would do something like that but it seems pretty fishy to me.

/ Expensive service job #2  
That's no right. I would not trust him again.

/ Expensive service job #3  
I learned the hard way that if I can't go for the supplies, I call the dealer and get them to assemble my "order" and tell me the price in advance. That way when the boss lady, aka my wife, goes after them we know what the charges will be. If I don't like the price, I send the boss lady somewhere else.

/ Expensive service job #4  
There are different types of transmission fluids, generally transmission/hydraulic fluids.

However, I think I'd choose your favorite brand of oil.

Read your warranty for specific text about fluid usage. Does the water have to come from India too? Ganges Water?

/ Expensive service job #5  
Actually if you look very carefully on mahindras website they will tell you they can deny warranty claims for not using the mahindra oil and filters. Not saying they will, but they can

/ Expensive service job #6  
It depends on what you're expecting to go wrong.
I'd be careful with the transmission.
But, If you're expecting to blow rings, rods, bearings, and major internal engine components in the first couple of years, I'd get a different brand.

Of course, Murphy's Law would indicate that the least expected happens.

/ Expensive service job #7  
I thought it was illegal to force people to use specific oil. As long as it matches their minimum specs I didn`t think they could deny warranty....Mike

/ Expensive service job #8  
My 3616 give several options for both engine oil and hydraulic, it does not require you to us Mahindra fluids.

/ Expensive service job #9  
My 3616 give several options for both engine oil and hydraulic, it does not require you to us Mahindra fluids.
I agree. My 4035 operators manual has oil and fluid specs listed. As long as you meet these specs and keep a record of your service schedule, there shouldn't be a problem.

/ Expensive service job #10  
I would say save the old oil filter then if things went bad you could screw it back on..They just like to make money, mostly they dont care anymore for return business.
Someone here gave a price for a filter at around 3o plus dollars. same filter on ebah i found was 8.99 to my doorstep..hmm