Found the limit of my 6530

/ Found the limit of my 6530 #1  

robertwhite

Silver Member
Well, I accidently found the limit of my 6530.

Was taking dirt/ash out of my burn pit as I wanted to improve on it, and got stuck in the lovely Southern red clay which is like quicksand after a hard rain the other night. Upper dirt was fine, but the clay just absorbed all the water. Got all 4 wheels stuck, with the fronts sunk well over the hubs deep. Logs, digging, wood, nothing would let it get traction to climb out of the pit. It took all 800lb.ft of my Ford 6.7 diesel truck in 4 wheel low and a heavy tow strap to pull it out. Won't be doing that again anytime soon.:laughing:

/ Found the limit of my 6530 #2  
Did that with a John Deere 550 dozer years ago. That sucked.

/ Found the limit of my 6530 #3  
Like I always say...the only difference between 2WD and 4WD is how far you can get into the swamp before you get stuck....can't tell where the Southern red clay is for you based on your moniquer. Where you be? I'm very used to that Southern red clay in central VA...BobG in VA

/ Found the limit of my 6530 #4  
Shame those new fords need to use 4wheel low to pull tractor out of the mud. Cummins would've yanked it out in high in second gear.

/ Found the limit of my 6530 #5  
Shame those new fords need to use 4wheel low to pull tractor out of the mud. Cummins would've yanked it out in high in second gear.
:thumbsup: Strap a backhoe on it and you would have only been delayed.:cool:
hugs, Brandi

/ Found the limit of my 6530 #6  
There's a prime example of "4WD only gets you stuck worse!" :p :laughing: ;)

Glad you were able to get it pulled out! :thumbsup: