4035 spits and sputters at high rpms

/ 4035 spits and sputters at high rpms #11  
Thanks Rich will keep all updated. things hear move slow and working 6-12s on nights for the next couple of weeks.

Plus, it's COLD up there ! LOL, chilly here too, 55...

Rich

/ 4035 spits and sputters at high rpms #12  
Not only is it cold, won't stop snowing.....!!!!! :)

/ 4035 spits and sputters at high rpms #13  
Does your tractor act up after twenty minutes or so, and run rough with puffs of whitish grey smoke at mid to high RPM? I suggest you contact your dealer, as the unit must be still under warranty. Describe the problem and ask to have the timing adjusted. Yours is a common problem with tractor using this particular Bosch injection pump, and 50 to 100 hrs is typically when it it will first appear. The pump timing needs to be advanced a tiny bit and the problem will go away. Fuel restriction between supply and pump can also cause the flutter, but if it's timing related, the engine will run fine for twenty minutes. The cold start timing advance built into the pump is controlled by a timer on Mahindras, and runs for approximately twenty minutes each time the engine is started. When the timer turns off, the sputter begins. Shut the engine off, restart, and it runs fine again for twenty minutes. Sound familiar?

Ditto - had the exact same problem with my new 7060. Had the pump timing advanced and it went away immediately. I'm not overly confident in the advice to change the fuel filter; a tractor with 10-15 hours shouldn't have any issues with the fuel filter.

/ 4035 spits and sputters at high rpms #14  
Likely some good advice already given, but I'll throw an idea into the mix. Any chance the fuel tank isn't venting properly and after running a short while a vacuum is created that prevents the flow of fuel? I have a small tractor this has happened to on a couple of times and it turned out to be the fuel tank cap had blockage in its breathing vent.

/ 4035 spits and sputters at high rpms #15  
At 10-15 hours on the tractor, you are probably still on the fuel that the dealer shipped your tractor with. At least that was my case. Dealer had a full tank for me when it arrived. The dealer should know if it's his fuel or not. I second the timing or delivery of the fuel, or that it was gelling b/c the dealer used summer fuel in your tractor.

/ 4035 spits and sputters at high rpms
Just got the filter last night and had to go to a parent teacher conference at the school. Now back to work!! I hope I get time this week will keep all updated It is a pretty silver color and for the price I am positive its real.

/ 4035 spits and sputters at high rpms #18  
Oh yeah they arent cheap ! Wait 'til you buy that hydraulic filter !

Rich

/ 4035 spits and sputters at high rpms #19  
My experience with the 35 series fuel system problems have been in the fuel lines. Check the delivery line where it enters the engine compartment, it is nomally tied with nylon ties to the return line and wiring and hydraulic line. Make sure its not kinked.

Dave

/ 4035 spits and sputters at high rpms #20  
Dave,

Thanks for the tip, checked mine and it appears to be ok...thanks again...if you've got any other tips about the 35 series I'd sure like to hear them, and i imagine the other 35 owners would too ! This is my first Mahindra and so far I'm very happy, having said that, preventative maintaince tips are most welcome....

Rich