Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tractor
    mahindra 4035

Default Re: 4035 spits and sputters at high rpms

Thanks Jerry I will try that. I had the KSB Timer in my hand yesterday and was going to pull it off and decided that I better call the dealer that sold it to me. It is still under warranty and I am not real sure how far I should go. I called them yesterday and am waiting for a call back. but in the mean time I think I will play..

Tractor
    mahindra 4035

Jerry, thanks for the tip! Went out and let it run for a bit and pulled the timer. The motor sounded a little different right when I pulled it, tried to rev the engine and started missing as before. Waiting on a call back from my dealer to see if he can adjust the timing seems that it needs to be advanced as that's what I understand the ksb circuit does. Hopefully that will do the trick. Will keep all posted as progress cont.

jjlite

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Allis Chalmers ED 40

It's much simpler to use a jumper wire from battery positive. Run the tractor until it sputters(the infamous 20 minutes), then touch the jumper wire to the advance solenoid stud and watch the smoke clear up. Much easier than hunting for and fooling with the timer.

Tractor
    Mahindra 5035, JD 2240, 420

Quote Originally Posted by Harry in Ky View Post
    It's much simpler to use a jumper wire from battery positive. Run the tractor until it sputters(the infamous 20 minutes), then touch the jumper wire to the advance solenoid stud and watch the smoke clear up. Much easier than hunting for and fooling with the timer.
    In this case, the timer actually applies the 12v to the solenoid... so putting it in would apply the 12v. Plus, I wanted to keep him away from moving stuff...
    Last edited by JerryK; 04-04-2013 at 07:44 AM. Reason: correct spelling
    48" CID QA forks, 6' EverythingAttachments Land Plane, 78" JRW rear blower, homemade 1 ton rear weight, homemade boom

Tractor
    Mahindra 7060

Quote Originally Posted by jjlite View Post
    Ok filter changed New fuel checked fuel lines coming from tank to filter ran for 20min misses like crazy white/grey smoke!! called the dealer and it could be the timing. I asked him if its something they could do in my garage or if they wanted it at there shop. Hoping they will do it here because they are about an hour away and I have no trailer. Waiting for a call back. I also noticed when it was missing the primer on top of the filter was pulled right down tight would that be normal? After I shut down it slowly came back up then it stayed up after I restarted. I didn't run long enough to see when it would go back down due to the SNOW STORM that we are having!!!! will let everyone know what we find.

When I had the timing adjusted on my 7060 it took the mechanic less than 5 minutes to make the adjustment - did it right in the middle of the barnyard.

Here's my perspective - you've got a practically brand new machine. You could spend a considerable amount of time "trying this and trying that". Or, you could just call the dealer and have them come fix it under warranty. In addition to buying the machine, you also "bought" the warranty; get what you paid for.

Tractor
    mahindra 4035

That's where I am at now Farmerboy, I have a call into the dealership asked him if he could come over and take care of the problem. He said he would call me back that was a couple days ago. I will give him another day or so then call again, it would be a little different if there wasn't 3ft of snow on the ground I am doing my best trying to stay calm and am sure they will make it right.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Allis Chalmers ED 40

My suggestion about the jumper wire was intended as a simple ten second test which requires disturbing nothing and makes no mess. It is intended to prove to yourself and to your dealer that the problem in your particular case is timing related. It is not the product of a bad filter, restricted supply, faulty primer pump, tie strap on a fuel line, vented or nonvented tank, or the air pressure in the left front tire. I have seen and corrected this problem on more tractors than I care to count, and have no comment on who should be the one to deal with it. My sole intent is to help you isolate your problem, you decide how to resolve it.

Tractor
    mahindra 4035

Thank you Harry in Ky very quick and easy test. When the time comes to prove it to the dealer this the test that I am going to use. Thank you and everyone else for the help.

Tractor
    Caterpillar TH210

I had some neighbor kids put a handful of pecans in the fuel tank and u guessed it, fuel was low enough a pecan would end up on the fuel line side outlet and cut off fuel supply, took me a year to figure that one out!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    MF 35, Mahindra 4035

Quote Originally Posted by jims0133 View Post
    I had some neighbor kids put a handful of pecans in the fuel tank and u guessed it, fuel was low enough a pecan would end up on the fuel line side outlet and cut off fuel supply, took me a year to figure that one out!
    I'd probably still be trying to figure it out ! But oooo, talk about PO when I did !

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast