Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    mahindra 4035

Default 4035 spits and sputters at high rpms

Been creeping around this site for a while and there is tons of great info here!! so I said to myself.Self you should get some advice. I have a brand new 4035 and have been moving snow with it all winter and its been doing a heck of a job!! The other day I was messing around in the back yard and ran the rpms up to the pto mark and the thing started to spit and sputter backed off and she purred like a kitten.I ended up shutting the tractor off and restarting it and it ran fine for a while then back to spit. Any input may be helpful thanx in advance!!

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1529

Default Re: 4035 spits and sputters at high rpms

Is your fuel gelling? If it's cold outside the diesel fuel will gel and could cause this to happen, put some diesel fuel additive like 911 in the tank and run it low idle for a bit then see what happens, should check the fuel filter also, have you done the 50hr. Maintaince yet ?

Tractor
    mahindra 4035

At the time it was very cold around 10f and I have not been out to give it another try.As far as the 50hr maintenance she only has 10-15 I will give the 911 a try. thanx

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Allis Chalmers ED 40

Does your tractor act up after twenty minutes or so, and run rough with puffs of whitish grey smoke at mid to high RPM? I suggest you contact your dealer, as the unit must be still under warranty. Describe the problem and ask to have the timing adjusted. Yours is a common problem with tractor using this particular Bosch injection pump, and 50 to 100 hrs is typically when it it will first appear. The pump timing needs to be advanced a tiny bit and the problem will go away. Fuel restriction between supply and pump can also cause the flutter, but if it's timing related, the engine will run fine for twenty minutes. The cold start timing advance built into the pump is controlled by a timer on Mahindras, and runs for approximately twenty minutes each time the engine is started. When the timer turns off, the sputter begins. Shut the engine off, restart, and it runs fine again for twenty minutes. Sound familiar?

Tractor
    mahindra 4035

Thank you Harry in Ky that is exactly what happens !! Just came in from running her and timmed when it starts and it is around the 20min mark.Going to get ahold of the dealer this week and run it by him.I have to get this taken care off before all this snow melts and the feilds dry up around here.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    MF 35, Mahindra 4035

Quote Originally Posted by jjlite View Post
    Been creeping around this site for a while and there is tons of great info here!! so I said to myself.Self you should get some advice. I have a brand new 4035 and have been moving snow with it all winter and its been doing a heck of a job!! The other day I was messing around in the back yard and ran the rpms up to the pto mark and the thing started to spit and sputter backed off and she purred like a kitten.I ended up shutting the tractor off and restarting it and it ran fine for a while then back to spit. Any input may be helpful thanx in advance!!

Had the EXACT same problem on my 4035...recommend you change the fuel filter, that was the culprit in my case...no problems since the change...

Rich

Tractor
    mahindra 4035

Talked with my dealer yesterday and they suggested the same so new filter and fuel its.Just seems odd that it will run great at 2200-2400 rpm for so long before it acts up I would think that if it were water or fuel it would happen right from the go. We give it a shot. thanx.

Tractor
    Mahindra 4035

The problem I had with mine was pump timing like Harry in Ky was talking about

Gold Member
    Tractor
    MF 35, Mahindra 4035

Quote Originally Posted by jjlite View Post
    Talked with my dealer yesterday and they suggested the same so new filter and fuel its.Just seems odd that it will run great at 2200-2400 rpm for so long before it acts up I would think that if it were water or fuel it would happen right from the go. We give it a shot. thanx.
    Yeah, seemed odd to me as well...but it worked...hope it does for you too..please, keep us updated, thanks...

Rich

Tractor
    mahindra 4035

Thanks Rich will keep all updated. things hear move slow and working 6-12s on nights for the next couple of weeks.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast