4035 - Operating RPMs for HST

/ 4035 - Operating RPMs for HST #1  

jjmaes22

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4035 HST
Just wondering about anyone else out there with an HST - esp a 4035 - what RPM range do you find yourself operating at?

My 4035 seems very responsive (forward / reverse, in low, med or high) when I am around PTO speed or higher (really just ever higher when I am in the road in high trying to get somewhere - or when I am pulling the 2 bottom plow).

Below that RPM level - it just seems very slow to respond to pedal controls.

Anyone else seeing anything like that? or just?

/ 4035 - Operating RPMs for HST #2  
Now I only have about a dozen hours on my 4035 HST, but I too find that around the PTO speed mark (2000 engine RPM?) is where I seem to do most of the work. Don't have any experience with any road driving or pulling something like a 2 bottom plow.

Typically when I think it is responding slowing (not moving as fast as I expected) it is because I have it in Low or Medium instead of in Medium or High where I 'thought' I was.

Martin

/ 4035 - Operating RPMs for HST #3  
I operate well below PTO speed 90% of the time.. It just depends on what I am doing and how responsive I want the FEL controls to be. Usually 1800 to 2000 rpm for most things. sometimes even less. The hydrostat itself responds fine to the lower RPM's.

/ 4035 - Operating RPMs for HST #4  
I run my 4035 shuttle in the 2000 rpm range most of the time doing light yard and snow removal with the fel.I notice a big diff. when running in 2nd to 3rd gear

/ 4035 - Operating RPMs for HST
So it sounds like the 2000ish RPM range is a sweet spot for this tractor. I see alot of people running alot lower - but maybe something unique to these setups

/ 4035 - Operating RPMs for HST #6  
In my experience, which has been very limited, it has always seemed hydrostatic equipment operates with less long term issues at higher engine RPMs. I have been told the more "whining" a hydrostat is doing, the more wear the operator is causing. Going to a higher RPM and/or lower gear will minimize the "whining" noises and the wear inside the hydrostat. The way I understand it, the extreme pressures created inside a hydrostatic transmissions creates allot of heat, the more fluid there is pumping through the system, the faster the heat is removed.