ideal tiller size for max28?

/ ideal tiller size for max28? #1  

linuxman51

Gold Member
Tractor
craftsman lt1000/jd 717a/ mahindra max26 hst
Seems to be a bit of a hard thing to nail down... I guess intended use comes into play as well.. I do not intend to use it to 'break ground', but it would be nice to be able to tear up some rough broken ground (i.e. I've been through the area already with a middle buster and need things processed and mixed up).

I'm looking at the 4ft and 5ft sizes I reckon, and hoping the 5 footer isn't a bridge too far. Making a couple of passes to get things good isn't a big concern for me, I don't anticipate tilling more than an acre or two at a time, and even that is probably some time off.

/ ideal tiller size for max28? #2  
Either the Phoenix T4-59 or the Phoenix T5-60, which is heavier, would work great with your tractor. They both feature 6 C shaped tines per flange which will benefit you in rough ground because they cut more aggressive than L shaped. They also come equipped with clevis hitches for easy hook-up(unlike most that have the cheaper bolted on lift arm pins) and a slip clutch pto shaft. The T4 and T5 tillers are both premium tillers that are built well but aren't too heavy for small compact and subcompact tractors. Our shipping is free to a business or supporting freight terminal within 1,000 miles of Newton, NC. In your case, there's a YRC Terminal at 5680 Old Hayneville Rd in Montgomery. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
   / ideal tiller size for max28? #3  
A 5 ft. tiller will cover your tracks. Just make sure the one you select does not exceed your 22 hp at the PTO.

/ ideal tiller size for max28? #4  
Seems to be a bit of a hard thing to nail down... I guess intended use comes into play as well.. I do not intend to use it to 'break ground', but it would be nice to be able to tear up some rough broken ground (i.e. I've been through the area already with a middle buster and need things processed and mixed up).

I'm looking at the 4ft and 5ft sizes I reckon, and hoping the 5 footer isn't a bridge too far. Making a couple of passes to get things good isn't a big concern for me, I don't anticipate tilling more than an acre or two at a time, and even that is probably some time off.

I can deliver free to the Montgomery, Al. terminal either 4 or 5 ft Tarter Geardrive Tiller with forward tine rotation and reverse rotation capabilities and with slip clutch and 6 times per rotor for $1695 on the 4 ft and $1795 on the 5 Ft. Below is a link for specs. Ken Sweet
New Forward or Reverse Rotation Geardrive Tarter 5 ft Roto Tiller We SHIP Cheap | eBay

/ ideal tiller size for max28?
You guys have given me a lot to look at, consider