Gold Member
    Tractor
    craftsman lt1000/jd 717a/ mahindra max26 hst

Default ideal tiller size for max28?

Seems to be a bit of a hard thing to nail down... I guess intended use comes into play as well.. I do not intend to use it to 'break ground', but it would be nice to be able to tear up some rough broken ground (i.e. I've been through the area already with a middle buster and need things processed and mixed up).

I'm looking at the 4ft and 5ft sizes I reckon, and hoping the 5 footer isn't a bridge too far. Making a couple of passes to get things good isn't a big concern for me, I don't anticipate tilling more than an acre or two at a time, and even that is probably some time off.

Advertiser EverythingAttachments's Avatar
    Tractor
    Which One do you want to know about?

Default Re: ideal tiller size for max28?

Either the Phoenix T4-59 or the Phoenix T5-60, which is heavier, would work great with your tractor. They both feature 6 C shaped tines per flange which will benefit you in rough ground because they cut more aggressive than L shaped. They also come equipped with clevis hitches for easy hook-up(unlike most that have the cheaper bolted on lift arm pins) and a slip clutch pto shaft. The T4 and T5 tillers are both premium tillers that are built well but aren't too heavy for small compact and subcompact tractors. Our shipping is free to a business or supporting freight terminal within 1,000 miles of Newton, NC. In your case, there's a YRC Terminal at 5680 Old Hayneville Rd in Montgomery. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by EverythingAttachments; 03-20-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    Ted Corriher
    www.EverythingAttachments.com
    1-866-581-5818

A family-owned American Company that also sells quality Made in USA Implements every chance we get! We pride ourselves on giving good product information and putting the needs of our customers above our own!

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615HST

A 5 ft. tiller will cover your tracks. Just make sure the one you select does not exceed your 22 hp at the PTO.
    I thank God for these gifts: 2005 Mahindra 2615 HST w/loader, (485 hours), and 3710 backhoe. Markham tooth bar, Bush Hog SQ60 rotary cutter, Bush Hog 3507 angle blade, Bush Hog LLR84 landscape rake w/gauge wheels, Rankin loader mounted forks, Paumco Quick Spade, Agri-Ease 3 point log splitter.

Tractor
    JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA

Quote Originally Posted by linuxman51 View Post
    Seems to be a bit of a hard thing to nail down... I guess intended use comes into play as well.. I do not intend to use it to 'break ground', but it would be nice to be able to tear up some rough broken ground (i.e. I've been through the area already with a middle buster and need things processed and mixed up).

I'm looking at the 4ft and 5ft sizes I reckon, and hoping the 5 footer isn't a bridge too far. Making a couple of passes to get things good isn't a big concern for me, I don't anticipate tilling more than an acre or two at a time, and even that is probably some time off.
    I can deliver free to the Montgomery, Al. terminal either 4 or 5 ft Tarter Geardrive Tiller with forward tine rotation and reverse rotation capabilities and with slip clutch and 6 times per rotor for $1695 on the 4 ft and $1795 on the 5 Ft. Below is a link for specs. Ken Sweet
    New Forward or Reverse Rotation Geardrive Tarter 5 ft Roto Tiller We SHIP Cheap | eBay
    http://www.sweetfarms.com/

Sweet Farm Equipment LLC (Internet Sales, Shipping All States)
    Shipping Facility
    1815 Defries Rd., Canmer, Ky 42722 Toll Free 1-866-528-3323
    Ken Sweet sweet@scrtc.com

Shipping Example: Can ship 800 lbs from Ky. to Dallas for $165
    The Northeast shipping corridor is a little more expensive.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    craftsman lt1000/jd 717a/ mahindra max26 hst

You guys have given me a lot to look at, consider