4010 owners, help

/ 4010 owners, help #1  

tony83

Tractor
Mahindra 4010
So my dealer is trying to help me, but I also just bought his last 4010 (Gear). I was hoping someone with a 4010 might be able to upload a picture of the front of their tractor with the hood open, as I have below. Issue is that my glow plugs work as long as I hold the key to the left, but they turn off as soon as I release the key. There is supposed to be a glow plug timer, but I cannot find it. Here is what I have:

IMG_0148[1].jpg

Three identical relays above the battery, the one at the far right (only one plugged in the picture) engages when I switch the glow plugs on, and disengages when I release the key.

IMG_0149[1].jpg

Two identical relays behind the dash, the one at the left engages with slightly more leftward key movement than the one at the front of the engine, but also disengages when I release the key. According to the parts manual, I am supposed to have a "preheat relay" (p/n 13016641110) just to the right of the horn, which I do not. I also thought maybe there would be a glow timer behind the dash like the parts manual for the HST (but not Gear) shows (p/n 16626692100).

If anyone has any pictures or experience they can share, that would be great!
Thanks.

/ 4010 owners, help #2  
I do not believe the gear drive model has a glow timer, and you do have to hold it on. I have a new one on the lot, and it doesn't seem to have a timer.

/ 4010 owners, help
That makes more sense with what i am seeing. Strange the HST would have a timer but not the Gear, as the operator's manual for the Gear (although a poor English translation) does reference the timer for startup. Guess just an upgrade with the HST. Do you know if there is a timer upgrade kit for the Gear? Thanks for your help.

/ 4010 owners, help
I would really be interested to hear from any other 4010 owners. My dealer talked to his service rep in Houston who was pretty sure it should have a glow timer. I also cant figure out why, as i turn the key left, the relay by the battery clicks on and activates the glow plugs, THEN the relay behind the dash clicks on - what is its purpose? Thanks for your help.

/ 4010 owners, help #5  
not sure, but I would clean the front of your radiator :p :D

/ 4010 owners, help
It was the wind that blew it in there, if I open the hood it would probably blow it back out!