4530 Mahindra wont shut down/dash lights stay on

/ 4530 Mahindra wont shut down/dash lights stay on #1  

okieriverboy

Tractor
mahindra 4530
Please Help! Just got my 08 Mahindra 4530. Its been working fine but today when I went to turn in off it would not stop running. I finally found a fuse to pull and got it to shut down. The dash light also wont go off. I took the dash off and pulled the the key switch plug apart and they still stay lite up. I tried the starter again with the key switch and the tractor started but still would not shut down with the switch. Could my problem be with the switch. The wiring diagram shows a shut down solenoid but I am not sure where it is. Any advise?

/ 4530 Mahindra wont shut down/dash lights stay on #2  
The shut down solonoid is located on the fuel injection pump. There is obviously a short somewhere that is feeding power to the shut down solonoid and the dash.

/ 4530 Mahindra wont shut down/dash lights stay on
Thanks Galen. I will look for it. I also tested the wires going to the key switch. There are three wires. Two are staying hot. I can jump between either of the hots to the dead one which is much smaller in size and it will start the tractor. That dosnt seem right to me.

/ 4530 Mahindra wont shut down/dash lights stay on #4  
Welcome from Panama Ok neighbor..lol..Sounds like possibly the switch isnt breaking power to the solenoid..and if the two circuits are tied together (lighting and shutdown solenoid) would cause what you are describing..I dont have my manual in front of me right now but there should only be one hot lead(12 volt)with the key switch in the off position...Keep us posted.
Sean

/ 4530 Mahindra wont shut down/dash lights stay on #5  
Sean is right. If there are only 3 wires going to the ignition switch, then only one should be hot when the switch is in the off position. If you unplugged the switch when you were jumping the wires, then the problem isn't in the switch, and the main wire that is supposed to supply power, from the switch to most of the tractors electrical components, is shorting to a power source someplace other than the switch. If you didn't unplug the switch when you jumped the wires, it could well be in the switch, and that would be your easiest repair senario. Good luck with it.

/ 4530 Mahindra wont shut down/dash lights stay on #6  
Remove the switch and test it for continuity. If it is open when off it is good and start tracing wires. If you do not have a volt meter time to get one. Even a cheap $5 HF one would get the job done for you.

Thank guys. I have a meter and I will start checking. I did find a wiring pdf for the tractor. Maybe this will help someone else also.

Attachments

• 4530WiringDiagram.pdf
    198.3 KB · Views: 125
Okay. I got it fixed. I ohmed out the switch Clint and checked it out okay. After undoing a lot of the wiring harness I finally found a small wire that went to an auxillary hook up on the back of the tractor. The end of it was pretty beat up and exposed. It was that way when I got it so I didnt start looking there first off. I had assumed it was the key switch. When I opened up the wiring cover it was melted for a long way down the harness. You were right Galen! I removed the wire and checked the others for damage. I ended up cutting the wire out and removed the entire section of auxillary harness and taped up the wire ends after making sure there was no more bad wires. Thanks for the help guys,

/ 4530 Mahindra wont shut down/dash lights stay on #9  
Sweet glad it was an easy and cheap fi.