Warranty and Repair Question

/ Warranty and Repair Question #1  

ranwin33

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4035 HST
Had a problem where my 4035 would not start.

Dealer has replaced the fuel filter as part of overall service I'm having done. To fix the non-starting issue he also replaced the pipe filter to pump rotor. He's charging me close to $360 for the repair. My question is, would this be something that should be covered under warranty as the tractor is less than two years old with just at 200 hours on it. If not, does the $360 charge sound reasonable?

Thanks all for any help.

/ Warranty and Repair Question #2  
The fuel filter and associated installation cost would be your responcibility, as this is a normal user maint. Don't know what a "pipe filter to pump rotor" is ... if it is an inline filter.. and just a mistype thing... then that would be your cost, too... I would beatch if there was some mechanical problem that was causing the non-start and he is just changing the filters ' in case ' .. But if it was a bad fuel problem then it is probably all on you.. [ sorry ]

/ Warranty and Repair Question
Thanks Jerry,

I did speak with Mahindra Warranty and was advised that the repair cost would be covered under warranty as it is considered a part failure. They said they'd be calling the dealer so will see where it goes.

Thanks again.

The fuel filter and associated installation cost would be your responcibility, as this is a normal user maint. Don't know what a "pipe filter to pump rotor" is ... if it is an inline filter.. and just a mistype thing... then that would be your cost, too... I would beatch if there was some mechanical problem that was causing the non-start and he is just changing the filters ' in case ' .. But if it was a bad fuel problem then it is probably all on you.. [ sorry ]

/ Warranty and Repair Question #4  
Thanks Jerry,

I did speak with Mahindra Warranty and was advised that the repair cost would be covered under warranty as it is considered a part failure. They said they'd be calling the dealer so will see where it goes.

Thanks again.

COOL.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) [ ask for a free Owner's Club Hat, too..!!!! ]