4530 fluid capacity and type

/ 4530 fluid capacity and type #1  

okieriverboy

Tractor
mahindra 4530
Hey guys and gals. Does anyone know of a good place to find the fluid capacity for the 4530. I noticed my front axle (4x4) was low and I dont know what to put in it. I bought an owners manual off e-bay (DVD). It dosnt mention what type of oil or anything about fluid types. Not impressed with manual at all. Ive searched the net and cant seam to find anything. Surely there is something out there somewhere? Thanks for the help!!

/ 4530 fluid capacity and type #2  
My 2012 calls for 13.73 quarts of API GL5,MT-1 spec. 80-90 gear oil.I am assuming your's would be the same.
Sean

/ 4530 fluid capacity and type
Thanks Sean. Thats also what I found out on another site. I bought a DVD Mahindra owners manual off E-bay. For some reason it dosnt mention capacity or oil types. Not impressed with it! I was trying to figure out where to add hyraulic fluid. There is a tank under the seat that has a vent on top that says transmission breather with a drain plug below that. From what I hav e read from another thread on this site the Tranny and Hydraulics share the same resivore. I checked the level at the tranny dip stick and had to drain 4 gals of fluid to get the level between the two lines on the dip stick. I just got this tractor. Its an 08 model with 400hrs on it. This dip stick also indicates the hydraulic level doesnt it? I hope that being overfilled didnt mess up something? Do you know for sure if this is where to check both the hydraulic level and tranny? Cant figure out why it was so over filled? Trying to find a decent owners manual somewhere.

/ 4530 fluid capacity and type #4  
okieriverboy
Again I am assuming that your 08 is the same as mine. Both the tranny and hydraulics share the same resevoir,so yes the the dipstick will give you the levels of both systems.Not sure how they could have over filled it by 4 gallons,unless they were just lazy or uninformed.If everything is working as it should now, I wouldnt worry about it. You are probably the first person I have seen post a thread about the 4530,I never see anything posted on them(good thing or bad ?...I hope a good thing,everyone happy with no problems to speak of.:thumbsup:) I have around 60 hrs. on my machine now and it has done anything I have asked it to do,and has outdone some of the other brand machines of higher horsepower that I have been on over the year's.. I have had only one minor problem with a leaking fuel line on the return side of the injector pump which the dealer took care of hassle free and very promptly..
Enjoy your toy's
Sean

/ 4530 fluid capacity and type #5  
If the tranny dip stick is like on my 5530 it's a bugger to see the level on the stick. I plan on stripping the stick with finger nail polish remover and apply a contrasted nail polish so that I can see the level of the tranny fluid.

okieriverboy,

Go to: Mahindra - Tractor Reviews

Click on "24/7 Owners Care" and click on it now enter your serial number (lower case for letters) and here you'll find everything your looking for.

idaho2

/ 4530 fluid capacity and type
If the tranny dip stick is like on my 5530 it's a bugger to see the level on the stick. I plan on stripping the stick with finger nail polish remover and apply a contrasted nail polish so that I can see the level of the tranny fluid.

okieriverboy,

Go to: Mahindra - Tractor Reviews

Click on "24/7 Owners Care" and click on it now enter your serial number (lower case for letters) and here you'll find everything your looking for.

idaho2

I agree. I ended up taking some post it notes and laying the dipstick on the paper so I could tell the level on the stick. But like you I was thinking of using one of those metal marking sticks the welding supply sells and painting my dipstick also.

/ 4530 fluid capacity and type #7  
Hey guys and gals. Does anyone know of a good place to find the fluid capacity for the 4530. I noticed my front axle (4x4) was low and I dont know what to put in it. I bought an owners manual off e-bay (DVD). It dosnt mention what type of oil or anything about fluid types. Not impressed with manual at all. Ive searched the net and cant seam to find anything. Surely there is something out there somewhere? Thanks for the help!!

It is already mentioned however, according to the manual 3.43 gallons or 13.72 quarts...13 and 3 quarters or just go to 14 quarts...1/4 quart over is nothing...using amsoil synthetic myself just due to most people tend to forget all about this maintenance and, if so, want the best fluid available on the gears...:)

/ 4530 fluid capacity and type #8  
I do the same thing, only i use a blue shop towel...that purple mahindra fluid shows up good on it. I use amsoil 15w-40 in the engine and that dumb off white dipstick on the engine has not shown oil at all so i have to do the same thing with it. The old tractors would turn oil dark so fast you had no problem finding the level...these burn really clean and the oil hardly turns at all...almost like a gas burner instead of a diesel.

/ 4530 fluid capacity and type #9  
the easiest is to put it in under the seat, actually mine is behind the seat just about the middle arm(top arm). black screw out vent there that is really handy for replacing the 11 or 12 gallons of tranny oil...our 4530 is a 2015, probably one of the last they made before the tier 4 5545. Love the tractor though so far.

/ 4530 fluid capacity and type #10  
My question for you is this: First time draining the axle fluid and, i know there are two drains, one on each side down low on the front and left wheels...there also appears to be a drain in the middle of the axle at the bottom right below the tractor and axle joint. I'm guessing that all these have to be drained? And, there are two fills on each wheel way up high as well. If i can get 3.43 gallons of 80w90 in through the axle...that should run down there and mix i would think...since all but the pooled middle appears to have drained from the sides...makes sense it would also go back that way...anyway...if you have insight, i would like to hear it...thanks.