3016 rear remotes, what fittings?

/ 3016 rear remotes, what fittings? #1  

cstamm81

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Mahindra 3016HST, Kubota F2880
I had my dealer install a set of factory remotes at the rear of my 3016HST. Does anyone know what size and type these are? I am trying to buy fittings to run a grapple and want to make sure I get the right kind the first time. I believe they are Pioneer style as shown here: McMaster-Carr

/ 3016 rear remotes, what fittings? #2  
Just remove one of the QD's and take it with you so you can match up the other half.

/ 3016 rear remotes, what fittings?
That would explain why my dealer put on Case quick couplers. I just examined the rear remote hydraulic hoses, they seem to be 1/4"? The entire length of the hoses are wrapped in springs for protection, but the actual hoses do not seem to be reinforced? They look almost like soft rubber lines??? MrChris, do you have the OEM kit installed? Does yours look like this?

I was considering installed an upside down FEL mounted log splitter and contemplating what size lines to plumb to run to it from the rear remotes. I was thinking 1/2" for the most flow, and then I saw the size of the OEM lines to the remotes. Looks like it would be a waste to go that big.

/ 3016 rear remotes, what fittings? #5  
Hydraulics:
Type: open center
Valves: 1 (optional)
Pump flow: 7.8 gpm [29.5 lpm]
Steering flow: 3.4 gpm [12.9 lpm]

As far as remotes,

7 GPM requires 1/2 in hose.

You should use 1/2 in hose to preclude any loss caused by restrictive hose size.

I will bet the ports on the valve are 1/2 in.

Some people use smaller hose size to restrict the flow, or use flow restrictors for grapple use.

/ 3016 rear remotes, what fittings? #6  

Attachments

• image-3238324128.jpg
    image-3238324128.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 313
thanks MrChris, that is the same OEM kit as I have. And thanks for affirming that they are 1/4" lines.
J_J, you are right the ports are 1/2". Seeing as the lines feeding the remotes are only 1/4", does it make sense to run 1/2" lines from the remotes to power a log splitter mounted on the FEL? These same lines will be used for a grapple. I know the grapple would be easier to control with 1/4" lines, but I do not want to limit the cycle time of the log splitter. I'm surprised the remote lines are so small, and I hope it does not affect my ability to properly run a splitter. I have a grapple coming, so I need to decide on hose size asap. Thanks all.

/ 3016 rear remotes, what fittings? #9  
wow surprised they used 1/4" on aux remote... At places like tractor supply, 3/8" and 1/2" hose is the easiest to come by, same with 1/2" quick connect fittings. I would probably use 3/8" hose with 1/2" quick connect fittings. and then use a 1/2" to 3/8" npt bushing to put them together. By using 3/8" hose I would feel better about not introducing any more restrictions, and it is cheaper than 1/2" hose.

my 2 cents

I guess I am leaning towards 3/8 hose like you recommended. Unless anyone can give me a compelling reason to go to 1/2.