longevity of Mahindra tractors

/ longevity of Mahindra tractors #1  

harbin

Tractor
JD 455 AWS, JD 4720
I've been lurking for a long time and can't tell you all how much i appreciate all the info posted here with everyones experiences. I've been leaning towards getting a Mahindra for a while now, but when it came up in conversation with a buddy that prefers Deere, he asked how long they last and if they would still be running strong with 6000 hrs like his 3020 that is 40 years old. Anyone have any experience or info on this? I really don't think i would pile that kind of hours on it, but I'd like to know what the long term outlook is.

Thanks everyone!

/ longevity of Mahindra tractors #2  
Most everyone i know that owns a mahindra absolutely loves them. Me, im a die hard deere fan like your buddy but i dont think todays deere products can be compared to the old 30 and 4020's. Im sure todays deeres will make 6000 hrs easy but 40 years is not gonna happen. Buy yourself a mahindra and be proud of it. Im certian it will last as long or longer than todays deere products.

/ longevity of Mahindra tractors #3  
I think most tractors today are built by a handful of manufactures. At least the individual components. Todays tractors are not built in the U.S.. If you take care of your tractor and follow ALL maintenance recommendations, and use your tractor within the parameter of what it was designed for, and not abuse it, your tractor should last for many productive years. :2cents:

/ longevity of Mahindra tractors #4  
Oh and the dealership is a big factor in deciding what tractor you buy. Are they close, are they, dependable, competent, do they have a good reputation, do they look like they have a good shop, and do you think they will stay in business.

/ longevity of Mahindra tractors #5  
My 2615HST is only 9 years old. Haven't had any problems other than glow plug failure. I did replace them last time with an upgraded timer and plugs. We'll see how long they last.

/ longevity of Mahindra tractors #6  
Im at 1200 hours on my 2810HST with no problems other than operator caused. Absolutely no manfacturer caused problems, but one needs to remember the tractor will last no longer than the owner will allow it to last. Beat it to death and death is what will happen to the poor tractor. Maintain it and treat it with respect and it will give you many many years of faithful service and i truthfully expect 40 plus years or more from my tractors and see no reason for not getting it . . .John

Attachments

• my two tractors.jpg
    my two tractors.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 215
   / longevity of Mahindra tractors #7  
I have been very happy with my 2006 Mahindra 3215. The hour meter went out with around 250 hours so I replaced it myself with an aftermarket meter. In order to replace the factory hourmeter I would have had to replace the whole instrument cluster which was $$$. I have had no other serious issues with it. Just make sure you have good dealer support. I don't think you would go wrong with a Mahindra.

/ longevity of Mahindra tractors
Thanks for the replies everyone, this is exactly the info I'm looking for. As far as maintenance goes I'm not too worried, I'm kind of neurotic about that. I use Amsoil in everything (my'02 f150 has 230k miles, i keep cars till the wheels fall off), and while i do expect equipment to work hard and be used, i don't abuse. It's for this reason I'm looking a bit bigger than i probably really need. I plan to head to the dealer in the next week or two to check out a few different models.

/ longevity of Mahindra tractors #9  
I always thought bigger was better... I wanted one of those JD's with dual 8 to 10' high tires all around .... or a JD excavator with about 100' reach...... :)