clutch bad or no

/ clutch bad or no #1  

cowboy234

Tractor
mahindra 5520 4wd
I have a mahindra 5520 4wd shuttle shift with 400 hrs on it when i am using it in any gear selection h m l or gear 1 through 4 it is very slugish and wont get up to speed (especially up any kind of grade). It also seems to grab better in lower rpms then higher. Doesnt matter what gear or if its in 4wd or 2. any help

/ clutch bad or no #2  
I am not familiar with your machine, but have you tried to adjust the Clutch? If that doesn't correct the problem, you can try something else. The Operator's Manual should provide the way to do this. BTW, Welcome aboard and Best Wishes.

/ clutch bad or no
i have not yet tried adjusting the clutch i figured that since is has the inch freeplay and seems like it disengages and engages fine and never grinds but ill give it a shot

/ clutch bad or no #4  
If you have an inch of free play, I'd say your clutch is shot or is covered in oil. We have sold a bunch of 20 series and have orchards using them that are now nearing 3000 hours and we have not see any premature clutch failures.

See if there is a plug in the bell housing, remove it to check for oil where there should not be oil. That will rule out a rear main seal or transmission input shaft seal leak. You should not be having clutch problems at 400 hours unless someone rides the clutch all the time or slips it a bunch instead of shifting down when needed.

/ clutch bad or no #5  
I have a mahindra 5520 4wd shuttle shift with 400 hrs on it when i am using it in any gear selection h m l or gear 1 through 4 it is very slugish and wont get up to speed (especially up any kind of grade). It also seems to grab better in lower rpms then higher. Doesnt matter what gear or if its in 4wd or 2. any help

When you say wont get up to speed, what are the engine rpm's doing? If they are going up and tractor speed is not increasing then yes the clutch is probably slipping. If the rpm's are not increasing and the motor is lugging you may have a fuel issue or other problem: stuck brake etc.

/ clutch bad or no
The rpms raise like they should however the engine speed does not and the mahindra dealer said he believes it is fuel related to....... not sure it starts fine no smoke and i can butt it against a tree and it will lug down without dying but i could be wrong. i cant find my book to check the plug for oil but that is next on the list

/ clutch bad or no #7  
cowboy,

Go to the oldsitemahindrausa.com web site to click on "24/7 Owners Care" and click on it, a pop window opens, now enter your serial number (lower case for letters) and here you'll find a manual for your tractor and other good info.

idaho2

Last edited:
   / clutch bad or no #8  
cowboy,

Go to the oldmahindrausa.com web site to click on "24/7 Owners Care" and click on it, a pop window opens, now enter your serial number (lower case for letters) and here you'll find a manual for your tractor and other good info.

idaho2

I think you can also go to the new site, Mahindra Tractors - World's #1 Selling Tractor including Compact tractors, Sub-Compact Tractors, Utility Tractors and Farm Tractors with Loaders, Backhoes, Implements, Mowers and more. and go to the bottom to "owner login" and get the same info. I'm glad you mentioned this, I had forgotten about it. I need to explore it sometime as I really am not sure just what you find once logged in.

/ clutch bad or no #9  
Dave,

Unfortunately the new site on some browsers is not showing the owners login site. That is why I use the old site - faster to get in.

oldsitemahindrausa.com

Idaho2

Last edited: