2007 6500 4WD grease problem

/ 2007 6500 4WD grease problem #1  

sundug

Hi,
I am trying to get the steering ball end at the left hand side of the steering cylinder on my 2007 Mahindra 6500 4WD to take grease. I have removed the fitting and discovered that there is nowhere for the grease to go, the hole does not go to the ball. I have tried two different commercial devices to slam high pressure lightweight oil to the fitting, it is not just clogged. My impact driver can loosen the nut, but the ball stud just spins. I do not want to drill with it assembled, as it would leave chips. My question is, is this a pressed on socket around the ball, or is there a way for me to disassemble it with destroying it? It looks like there may be a circlip, but I can't see or feel all around it to tell. Thanks, Doug

/ 2007 6500 4WD grease problem #2  
Use a pry bar to pry the ball stud tightly into the hole and this should hold it to get the nut off. Then put pressure on the tie rod in the opposite
direction to pry the ball stud out of the hole, then wack the side of the steering arm with a hammer, and it should release and come apart. I hope you can understand these directions. Good luck with it.