Traction 4 WD Issue

/ 4 WD Issue #1  

Mowin Fool

Tractor
Mahindra, John Deere
I have a 28XL Max Shuttle shift and as of yesterday my 4 WD has stopped working. Did what the manual suggested to get it to engage but no luck so far. Will contact dealer today but wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue.

/ 4 WD Issue #2  
shouldn't be anything to it, clutch in, move the orange handle (in or out), move on. You sure it's not going in? the feel of the steering changes a bit in 4wd (it tends to want to push rather than turn), but there's no clunk or anything else to tell you that you're in 4wd unless you're somewhere where you can watch em all spin... and well at that point it's kind of a bad day eh? ;)

Mine's an HST though, it may be slightly different for the shuttle.

/ 4 WD Issue
Just spoke to service manager and he told me the 4WD shaft was snapped. They are talking to Mahindra now to find root cause. Surely not from mowing I would hope.

/ 4 WD Issue #4  
that's not very re-assuring, what kinda mowing are you doing that required 4wd?

/ 4 WD Issue
that's not very re-assuring, what kinda mowing are you doing that required 4wd?

Four acres of field, service tech that picked up tractor made the comment that I should probably remove the FEL when mowing as my land has some minor slopes that he said may put undue stress on the 4WD. I cannot believe that. We will see what Mahindra engineers have to say.

Should have bought "Orange".

/ 4 WD Issue #6  
Minor slopes or major slopes, thats what 4wd is for! Good luck with your dealer. Hope they are more competent that the tech that picked it up.

/ 4 WD Issue
Minor slopes or major slopes, thats what 4wd is for! Good luck with your dealer. Hope they are more competent that the tech that picked it up.

Yes me also, this is ridiculous.

/ 4 WD Issue
Just spoke with the srevice Mgr. and he tells me that probably should have weight added to rear tires to equalize load on tractor so as not to stress front axle when in 4WD. He says especially going downhill puts a lot of undue stress on frt drive. In the same breath he says he has never seen this issue before. Am I the only guy that mows slopes for petes sake.

Again should have bought Orange I guess.

/ 4 WD Issue #9  
Just spoke with the srevice Mgr. and he tells me that probably should have weight added to rear tires to equalize load on tractor so as not to stress front axle when in 4WD. He says especially going downhill puts a lot of undue stress on frt drive. In the same breath he says he has never seen this issue before. Am I the only guy that mows slopes for petes sake.

Again should have bought Orange I guess.
My dealer fills all rear tires on tractors with loaders. There must be a good reason!

/ 4 WD Issue #10  
Sounds like a defective part.:2cents: