Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower

/ Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower #11  
If I had a do over I would forget the mid mower and go with a rear PTO finish mower. My peave is you cannot raise the mid mount high enough when the mdeck wheels are in the high postion. I also catch a lot of "hazards" with the wheels.

/ Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower #12  
If I had a do over I would forget the mid mower and go with a rear PTO finish mower. My peave is you cannot raise the mid mount high enough when the mdeck wheels are in the high postion. I also catch a lot of "hazards" with the wheels.

kootch88 came to a similar conclusion with his Max22. Our dealer took the mid mower back and let kootch88 buy the rear finish mower. If you haven't had yours long, try your dealer for a switch.

/ Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower #13  
My opinion only but no way would I trade my mmm. It mows great and takes all of 5 minutes to take off. I've had finish mowers and I think they are a pain. I do agree that you can't mow with deck all the way up and Mahindra should redisign that.

/ Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower #14  
My opinion only but no way would I trade my mmm. It mows great and takes all of 5 minutes to take off. I've had finish mowers and I think they are a pain. I do agree that you can't mow with deck all the way up and Mahindra should redisign that.

It just seems to me that they have 5 holes for different cutting heights and the first 4 all seem to be to cut too short.

/ Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower #15  
I agree totally, I just got my 28xl and bent the front wheel on the first use. I have a lot of uneven terrain and I simply can't raise the deck up high enough. The mower cuts the grass to a height of 3" with the wheels dropped all the way, this also happen to be with the 3pt full up so the up-stop is 1/4" away from the tranny. I have turf tires, maybe R4s would give me more clearance. I am working with the dealer to sort out the issue, but I am hoping to get a 3pt finish on there. As an aside, does anyone have a sense if the will tractor pull a 72" finish 3 point in deeper grass?

Regards,
Wardo

/ Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower #16  
wardo78 said:
I agree totally, I just got my 28xl and bent the front wheel on the first use. I have a lot of uneven terrain and I simply can't raise the deck up high enough. The mower cuts the grass to a height of 3" with the wheels dropped all the way, this also happen to be with the 3pt full up so the up-stop is 1/4" away from the tranny. I have turf tires, maybe R4s would give me more clearance. I am working with the dealer to sort out the issue, but I am hoping to get a 3pt finish on there. As an aside, does anyone have a sense if the will tractor pull a 72" finish 3 point in deeper grass?

Regards,
Wardo

When I was looking into it, I think the turf tires are larger. They are softer, but bigger. Not sure about that, but that's how I remember it.

PM daves tractor for info on the tires and 72 RFM

Last edited:
   / Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower #17  
I have R4's on my 28Max and does not make adifference. I am also the guy that had the 4WD issue whereas the mower deck was somehow rubbing on the FWD drive shaft cover and in turn rubbed on the drive shaft which got hot and failed. I still have not gotten a stisfactory answer to how that happened. Sure wish Mahindra would publish a service bulletin on these issues.

/ Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower #18  
The MAX 28 should run a 72" mower, but I think you will find you have to slow down in heavy grass and when going up hills.

/ Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower #19  
Thank you for the response. I was thinking that might be the case, plus the issue of additional scalping on my uneven terrain. I've decided to focus on finding a 60".

Regards,
Ward

The MAX 28 should run a 72" mower, but I think you will find you have to slow down in heavy grass and when going up hills.

/ Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower #20  
So, after saying I was going to get a 60" RFM, I ended up buying a Woods 2572 72" mower. The dealer convinced me it would be better for my application. I hooked it up today, and went out and mowed in light rain. The grass was 10-12" tall (second cutting), very wet and I had the deck set at 4". The tractor/mower combo was AMAZING! It left a nice smooth cut, never labored, even going up hill. I think I finally found the right tool for the job. I guess I am going to try and sell my midmount, but given it's narrow application have doubts about it's value.Thanks for the input.

Regards,
Wardo

Thank you for the response. I was thinking that might be the case, plus the issue of additional scalping on my uneven terrain. I've decided to focus on finding a 60".

Regards,
Ward