Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower

/ Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower #1  

jhasafety1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 28XL Shuttle
Is anyone else having trouble with the front anti-scalp wheels bending. Seems like if the wheel is always catching something and bending the shaft. Today I was driving across a sidewalk that has maybe a 1/4 lip and the wheel spun sidways as it hit and bent the shaft. Several times I have gotten the book out and went through the steps and it still happens. Somewhere I'm missing something.

/ Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower #2  
clearly what you need to do is ensure your property has 100% level transitions. ;)

what it sounds like is either the shafts are too small or the bore in the wheel is too large and allows too much movement. any chance you could go up in size on the thru-bolt? I have no direct experience with the mahindra deck, just what i've got with my two riders.

/ Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower #3  
No experience with the deck, but I am considering the Max28 XL so I will follow this thread with interest! How do you guys like the machine thus far?

/ Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower
No experience with the deck, but I am considering the Max28 XL so I will follow this thread with interest! How do you guys like the machine thus far?

I love my tractor, it continues to do everything I ask and more. The mid mount mower is great except for the wheels bending. I have the back hoe, tiller box blade and rock rake, I have done everything from digging out stumps, putting in gas line to mowing. I'm sure the neighbors talk about me always being on the tractor.

/ Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower #5  
Woods spring loads their mower wheels to prevent this. It works on mine.

I have seen it on previous posts, who makes the 60" mower for Mahindra?

/ Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower #7  
I haven't had a problem with mine yet. I set the wheels up a bit above where I cut and maintain my cutting height with the hydraulic lift.

/ Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower #8  
You guys that have the Max 28XL, How is the overall ride of the tractor over less than stellar conditions? Is it really rough, or just bumpy as one would expect? For that matter anyone with a Max 25 I'd be interested to hear how that rides on rougher terrains as well. You can only tell so much from cruising around the dealer's lot.

/ Mahindra Max 28 60" Mower #9  
depends on how fast you're going and how big the hole you hit is ;)

depends on how fast you're going and how big the hole you hit is ;)
Never thought about it before, I think linuxman51 nailed it. I have no complaints about the ride.