8560 questions

/ 8560 questions
Thx Mtn View, I appreciate the opinion. I am going to look more into the 100hp range.

/ 8560 questions #12  
I doubt 100 HP is going to do what you want. I don't think you will be able to blow snow moving that fast.

/ 8560 questions #13  
I doubt 100 HP is going to do what you want. I don't think you will be able to blow snow moving that fast.

Gallen, my understanding is the blower gets used in 12" + snow falls and everything less gets plowed. He wants to go fast for plowing and being able to really throw the snow from moving so fast. I don't think that he wants to go in reverse that fast at all. :eek: :confused3:

/ 8560 questions #14  
I know you want a tractor, but take this in to consideration. Having plowed lake effect north of Syracuse, NY for 10plus years I can tell you that you should really consider a single axle dump truck with a municipal grade 11' angle blade. You can find these trucks used for less than what a new 100hp tractor will run you. A tractor just isn't going to cut the mustard. We had a couple tractor's, one 160hp and one 200hp, that we used for pusher blades and 9' snowcrete blowers. Any of the private roads we did the tractors just didn't compare to the trucks.

I hope this helps, just my two cents. Good luck.

/ 8560 questions
Gallen, my understanding is the blower gets used in 12" + snow falls and everything less gets plowed. He wants to go fast for plowing and being able to really throw the snow from moving so fast. I don't think that he wants to go in reverse that fast at all. :eek: :confused3:

Mtn your are correct about that!

/ 8560 questions
I know you want a tractor, but take this in to consideration. Having plowed lake effect north of Syracuse, NY for 10plus years I can tell you that you should really consider a single axle dump truck with a municipal grade 11' angle blade. You can find these trucks used for less than what a new 100hp tractor will run you. A tractor just isn't going to cut the mustard. We had a couple tractor's, one 160hp and one 200hp, that we used for pusher blades and 9' snowcrete blowers. Any of the private roads we did the tractors just didn't compare to the trucks.

I hope this helps, just my two cents. Good luck.

I have considered a truck like that but I can only afford to own and maintain one piece of equipment and a tractor is just more practical as I do have some summertime uses. I really do appreciate your opinions though!

/ 8560 questions #17  
For what it's worth I not only have experience with your current tractor I have some with the td5050 new holland (95 Hp)

Your going to probably need to go 120 plus Hp to get the speeds you want plowing snow. My td5050 won't push a 9 foot blade at those speeds.

Being that your on the south shore I'd recommend giving the guys at lulich implement in mason a call and tell them what your needs are.

Be aware though you could very well be money ahead going for an older medium duty truck/plow combo and keeping your current tractor vs a new higher Hp unit.

/ 8560 questions
For what it's worth I not only have experience with your current tractor I have some with the td5050 new holland (95 Hp)

Your going to probably need to go 120 plus Hp to get the speeds you want plowing snow. My td5050 won't push a 9 foot blade at those speeds.

Being that your on the south shore I'd recommend giving the guys at lulich implement in mason a call and tell them what your needs are

Be aware though you could very well be money ahead going for an older medium duty truck/plow combo and keeping your current tractor vs a new higher Hp unit.

I have talked to Lulich, good people!