8560 questions

/ 8560 questions #1  

sqdqo

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 492 w/Quicke Q750 loader
I am looking at the Mahindra 8560 and have a few questions that I can't seem to find answers too. I think the transmission is full synchro, meaning you can shift on the fly in any range? Does the dry type clutch hold up well? I have always been a fan of wet clutches and this concerns me. Also I would like to know the ground speeds for each range. Any general opinions on this tractor would be appreciated.

/ 8560 questions #2  
I have a 7520, so pre 8560. Yes you can shift all gears in each of the 3 ranges. The dry clutch is fine, it is a twin disk like what is used in semi trucks. Yes it would be nice to have a wet clutch and power shuttle, a 16 speed, but not available. :(

Ground speeds are as follows at 2300rpm.
Low Range 1.71-5.57
Mid Range 3.17-10.35
High Range 6.14-20
Just a bit slower in reverse.

For what it is, I don't think that you can get a more capable tractor in this size range of machines. :thumbsup: Lot of power, nothing any heavier and has VERY good hydraulics at 17gpm.

There are better machines for sure, but usually quite a bit more $$$$$. :eek:

/ 8560 questions #3  
The clutch has a vary positive feel when it engages. I cant tell you the mph but it has a toll road gear at least compared to my 4510. I miss the "creeper" that the 4510 has. I guess with the power of the 8560 they didn't think that you needed a real low gear. Great AC, seat and cab. I'll keep it.

Pan

/ 8560 questions #4  
you can't shift between ranges while moving but you can shift any gear 1,2,3,4 within the range H,M,L. I can't speak to holding up as I've only got 40 hours on it so far. I have had issues with the TPS and the scavenger pump switch. Run it at the dealer and check to see if the warning light is blinking, mine was but the dealer didn't address pre delivery as I had requested so I had to have another local dealer come out, charge me road time as he wasn't the selling dealer, to replace the part under warranty but I digress. This isn't a rant about lack of support and crappy dealers that call Mahindra to cover their asses when you say your gonna call corporate. What are you looking for in a machine? I love the strength of the unit but sometimes wish I went with the smaller hydro to do more precision movements vs clutch. it's also a giant so be sure that it fits in your barn if you got one....My monday morning quarterback move. Despite the glitches and afterthoughts I've had It's still a great machine that I really enjoy. I don't know ground speeds but I mow in 4th low. The one thing I don't like is the lack windows forcing you to always use the vents. The rear window opens but for side ventilation you'd have to leave the doors open.

/ 8560 questions
I'm looking for a 90-100 gross hp machine. My uses are utility, loader, snow removal etc. My New Holland TN75DA didn't have enough power to move snow the way I like to. I plow a 3 mile stretch of roadway that our county doesn't maintain. I have a 3pt blower but 3 miles looking backwards isn't feasible. I need a machine with enough power to keep it moving at 12-15mph while plowing the road to make the snow fly off the blade so banks don't build so quickly. I am not sure how much hp it takes to do that.

/ 8560 questions #6  
I'm looking for a 90-100 gross hp machine. My uses are utility, loader, snow removal etc. My New Holland TN75DA didn't have enough power to move snow the way I like to. I plow a 3 mile stretch of roadway that our county doesn't maintain. I have a 3pt blower but 3 miles looking backwards isn't feasible. I need a machine with enough power to keep it moving at 12-15mph while plowing the road to make the snow fly off the blade so banks don't build so quickly. I am not sure how much hp it takes to do that.

Not just HP, but you need weight too. Maybe you need a truck for this application?

/ 8560 questions
I had a 3/4 ton pickup with a boss plow but I was beating it up. I don't want a heavy truck I want a do all tractor.

/ 8560 questions #8  
I had a 3/4 ton pickup with a boss plow but I was beating it up. I don't want a heavy truck I want a do all tractor.

Was the TN75 to light, or to light and not enough power? How deep of snow would you be plowing?

/ 8560 questions
The TN75 was heavy enough, the rears were loaded and I had an 87" blower on the back and the front tires were chained. I couldn't maintain enough speed pushing snow, there just wasn't enough horsepower at 62 pto to keep it moving. I need to run at 12-15 mph. I plow 3 miles of road, it's to far for a rear mounted blower, or any blower for that matter unless you have all day. I am on the south shore of Lake Superior and when we get the right winds we get dumped on with snow. It's not uncommon for an 18"-20" snowfall, but when it's that deep I use the blower. For up to 10" or so of snow I like to plow as it gets it done a lot faster. You have to maintain some speed to get the snow to throw off the blade and over the snowbanks or the road fills in too quickly.

/ 8560 questions #10  
I don't know much about dealing with snow, but if you feel that the TN was heavy enough the 8560 could be quite a bit heavier and with only 7 more HP, I just don't see it doing what you want it to be able to do. (maintain the higher speeds in high range) Probably need to stay with what you were originally considering, 100HP.

Good luck. ;)