Looking to buy a new Mahindra

/ Looking to buy a new Mahindra #1  

bhink73

Tractor
kubota l3650, ford 9n, ford 3600
Hi all, I live in upstate ny where we have lots of hills, lots of water and even more mud. I own around 17 acres of mostly wooded property. I have only 3 horses and a few chickens. My neighbors cuts round bales on top of the mountain so I move around 30 or so annually. We were originally going to move to Texas so I sold almost everything including my Kubota L3650. Now that we are staying i'm in the market for a new tractor.
I stack my bales on a small dual axle trailer that will fit 3 bales (2 bottom and one on top). The problem with the Kubota was lifting bales over 6 foot. It was really pretty hairy and took some nerve stacking them even with loaded tires.
I've researched the Mahindra and even test drove a couple (no real work). I'm looking into getting either a 30 or 35 series tractor 50-65 hp. Before I spend all sorts of cash on a new tractor I would like to get all the imput from everyone that has experienced this brand. I would like to know:
1) Issues of concern with the tractor and reliability
2) How good is the power to weight ratio compared to other brands?
3) any problems with service/ parts?
I'm not rich and I would like to keep a $30k tractor (second biggest investment of my life) that would meet all my small farm needs for life. All info I can gather from this forum would be appreciated. Thanks!

/ Looking to buy a new Mahindra #2  
My father-in-law has a 4005i older one and my brother just bought a 8560 both really good tractors. Was you going with cab or openstation?

/ Looking to buy a new Mahindra #3  
I have a 2008 Mahindra 5525 (55 hp engine, 45 hp pto, 2WD, partially synchronized tranny 8F/2R, power steering, triple hydraulic remotes on the rear, weighs about 5100 lb stripped and about 6800 lb with FEL and loaded rear tires) with the ML250 FEL (6-ft wide bucket, 2950 lb lift to 10.5 ft height, skid steer quick release).

Bought it new in 2008. Total cost: around $19K.

So far it's been very reliable, starts up quickly, uses about 1 gal/hr diesel.
It's a heavy tractor, all steel sheet metal with minimal plastic parts.
My dealer (Dave's Tractor in Red Bluff, CA) stocks all the parts needed for normal service and repairs (he's the Mahindra distributor in this region).

Good luck.

/ Looking to buy a new Mahindra #4  
I have a 5530 4wd with ML266 fel. I have used it late spring through early fall for past two years. Only minor issues that were warranted by the dealer (leaking fitting). As far as power to weight goes. Great. I had rears loaded and it comes in around 9200. Pulls a two bottom plow (2-14s) like nothing there. The loader is plenty strong, just a little slow. I say that, but must add I am used to construction equipment which has much more responsive hydraulics than any ag machine. Biggest draw back would be lack of cab, but I don't use in winter anyway. If you want more info or are looking for a good dealer send me a PM.

/ Looking to buy a new Mahindra #5  
I have a 5530 4wd with ML266 fel. I have used it late spring through early fall for past two years. Only minor issues that were warranted by the dealer (leaking fitting). As far as power to weight goes. Great. I had rears loaded and it comes in around 9200. Pulls a two bottom plow (2-14s) like nothing there. The loader is plenty strong, just a little slow. I say that, but must add I am used to construction equipment which has much more responsive hydraulics than any ag machine. Biggest draw back would be lack of cab, but I don't use in winter anyway. If you want more info or are looking for a good dealer send me a PM.

Yeah, the loader on my 5525 is no speed demon. But the hydraulic pump is only making about 12 gal/min flow. Most skid steers and construction equipment have at least twice that flow rate.

/ Looking to buy a new Mahindra #6  
bhink73,

Look at Westendorf front end loaders for some possible solutions to your bale stacking. Westendorf's business is loaders and they offer several solutions far beyond what is offered by the tractor manufacturers. Whether it is increased height, or being able to push the bale off of your the loader, rather than relying on the drag to pull the bale off.

They also offer many other types of buckets, blades and snow plows not offered by the tractor companies to really enhance your front loader.

/ Looking to buy a new Mahindra #7  
I've got a 4035, love it, done everything I've asked...would recommend the 35 series to anybody...

/ Looking to buy a new Mahindra #8  
I have a 4510. In a clean enviornment it would be fine. The set up of the radiator, fan, battery, screen is highly probable of getting clogged by chaft, seeds, thistle down etc. Hard to clean out.