Oil & Fuel Max25 HST Design Flaw

/ Max25 HST Design Flaw #1  

jimpen

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 25HST
Just to let anyone who buys a Mahindra Max 25 HST with a Mid-Mount Mower. Do not operate the MMM in any position other than fully lowered.

The belt on the MMM running at 1K can contact the under carriage hydraulic lines of the tractor and cut them open.

When they delivered my tractor I tried running with the deck half up to cut high grass and cut my lines in less than 15 minutes. :shocked:

I'm guilty for the damage, but the dealer repaired it as warranty repair. They also lent me a bush hog for the Memorial day weekend to whack off the grass.

I'd like to find a machinist to build and install my idea, but if I have to do it myself I will. My thinking is put a pair of steel L-beam with flanges on some type of rod that will float up and down under the lines. I can afford to replace a set of torn up belts. But having to replace hydraulic lines and fluid on a regular basis does not appeal to me. :(

I did report it to Mahindra this week, but no response yet.

/ Max25 HST Design Flaw #2  
I could be wrong, but I am thinking there is supposed to be a stop installed underneath there to prevent that...

/ Max25 HST Design Flaw
I could be wrong, but I am thinking there is supposed to be a stop installed underneath there to prevent that...

Do you mean those little rubber cups? Apparently they aren't tall enough. :thumbsdown:

/ Max25 HST Design Flaw #4  
Just to let anyone who buys a Mahindra Max 25 HST with a Mid-Mount Mower. Do not operate the MMM in any position other than fully lowered.

The belt on the MMM running at 1K can contact the under carriage hydraulic lines of the tractor and cut them open.

When they delivered my tractor I tried running with the deck half up to cut high grass and cut my lines in less than 15 minutes. :shocked:

I'm guilty for the damage, but the dealer repaired it as warranty repair. They also lent me a bush hog for the Memorial day weekend to whack off the grass.

I'd like to find a machinist to build and install my idea, but if I have to do it myself I will. My thinking is put a pair of steel L-beam with flanges on some type of rod that will float up and down under the lines. I can afford to replace a set of torn up belts. But having to replace hydraulic lines and fluid on a regular basis does not appeal to me. :(

I never heard of this ; anybody else ???

/ Max25 HST Design Flaw #5  

Call your dealer back. There is an up-stop and it is either not installed or the belly bracket is flipped 180 degrees or something along those lines. This isn't a design flaw, but an installation flaw. Might have happened at the dealer or at the assembly plant, but your dealer can fix it.

Or it could be that the hydraulic lines were not routed properly.

/ Max25 HST Design Flaw
Call your dealer back. There is an up-stop and it is either not installed or the belly bracket is flipped 180 degrees or something along those lines. This isn't a design flaw, but an installation flaw. Might have happened at the dealer or at the assembly plant, but your dealer can fix it.

Or it could be that the hydraulic lines were not routed properly.

Looking underneath now, I don't see how I could have cut the lines. But when they returned it, the "senior" sales guy came along and pointed out the lines I had cut.

I think I know what happened. When it was assembled they put it together with the lines "down" and not protected. My operating the deck up caused the issue to cut the lines. But the dealer doesn't want to admit that they messed up (other words should be used). So they are letting me think it was my fault. They have only been selling Mahindra's for less than three months. Take a guess how many times I'm going to them in the future. :thumbdown:

/ Max25 HST Design Flaw #7  
I don't understand the deal about not admitting fault. Almost every time when you just tell the customer the truth in a sticky situation, they become a customer for life. People appreciate honesty.

/ Max25 HST Design Flaw #8  
I don't understand the deal about not admitting fault. Almost every time when you just tell the customer the truth in a sticky situation, they become a customer for life. People appreciate honesty.

Dave is right. Screw up once maybe twice and I will be back if you admit it. Lie to me once and it's bye-bye no more buy-buy.

/ Max25 HST Design Flaw
Dave is right. Screw up once maybe twice and I will be back if you admit it. Lie to me once and it's bye-bye no more buy-buy.

I will travel out of my way for help, especially when it feels like it's "freely given". Every time I walk into this dealership it feels like I have to extract teeth. The front left wheel on the MMM deck went missing. The pin is held in by a keyring setup, so it's hard see how it fell out. So they didn't admit to having it. Then when I said I wanted to buy a replacement, the guy was like we don't have the parts on-hand. I looked out at the other two Mahindras and then he finally clicked "I can take one off of them". I'm paying +$1oo for one freaking wheel.

I think customer service is a dead art.