Tractor
    Mahindra Max 25HST

Default Max25 HST Design Flaw

Just to let anyone who buys a Mahindra Max 25 HST with a Mid-Mount Mower. Do not operate the MMM in any position other than fully lowered.

The belt on the MMM running at 1K can contact the under carriage hydraulic lines of the tractor and cut them open.

When they delivered my tractor I tried running with the deck half up to cut high grass and cut my lines in less than 15 minutes.

I'm guilty for the damage, but the dealer repaired it as warranty repair. They also lent me a bush hog for the Memorial day weekend to whack off the grass.

I'd like to find a machinist to build and install my idea, but if I have to do it myself I will. My thinking is put a pair of steel L-beam with flanges on some type of rod that will float up and down under the lines. I can afford to replace a set of torn up belts. But having to replace hydraulic lines and fluid on a regular basis does not appeal to me.

I did report it to Mahindra this week, but no response yet.

Default Re: Max25 HST Design Flaw

I could be wrong, but I am thinking there is supposed to be a stop installed underneath there to prevent that...

Tractor
    Mahindra Max 25HST

Quote Originally Posted by rback33 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I am thinking there is supposed to be a stop installed underneath there to prevent that...
    Do you mean those little rubber cups? Apparently they aren't tall enough.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by jimpen View Post
    Just to let anyone who buys a Mahindra Max 25 HST with a Mid-Mount Mower. Do not operate the MMM in any position other than fully lowered.

The belt on the MMM running at 1K can contact the under carriage hydraulic lines of the tractor and cut them open.

When they delivered my tractor I tried running with the deck half up to cut high grass and cut my lines in less than 15 minutes.

I'm guilty for the damage, but the dealer repaired it as warranty repair. They also lent me a bush hog for the Memorial day weekend to whack off the grass.

I'd like to find a machinist to build and install my idea, but if I have to do it myself I will. My thinking is put a pair of steel L-beam with flanges on some type of rod that will float up and down under the lines. I can afford to replace a set of torn up belts. But having to replace hydraulic lines and fluid on a regular basis does not appeal to me.

I never heard of this ; anybody else ???
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Quote Originally Posted by jimpen View Post

Call your dealer back. There is an up-stop and it is either not installed or the belly bracket is flipped 180 degrees or something along those lines. This isn't a design flaw, but an installation flaw. Might have happened at the dealer or at the assembly plant, but your dealer can fix it.

Or it could be that the hydraulic lines were not routed properly.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Tractor
    Mahindra Max 25HST

Quote Originally Posted by DavesTractor View Post
    Call your dealer back. There is an up-stop and it is either not installed or the belly bracket is flipped 180 degrees or something along those lines. This isn't a design flaw, but an installation flaw. Might have happened at the dealer or at the assembly plant, but your dealer can fix it.

Or it could be that the hydraulic lines were not routed properly.
    Looking underneath now, I don't see how I could have cut the lines. But when they returned it, the "senior" sales guy came along and pointed out the lines I had cut.

I think I know what happened. When it was assembled they put it together with the lines "down" and not protected. My operating the deck up caused the issue to cut the lines. But the dealer doesn't want to admit that they messed up (other words should be used). So they are letting me think it was my fault. They have only been selling Mahindra's for less than three months. Take a guess how many times I'm going to them in the future.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

I don't understand the deal about not admitting fault. Almost every time when you just tell the customer the truth in a sticky situation, they become a customer for life. People appreciate honesty.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3316, Kubota L235, Teryx LE, F350 dumper

Quote Originally Posted by DavesTractor View Post
    I don't understand the deal about not admitting fault. Almost every time when you just tell the customer the truth in a sticky situation, they become a customer for life. People appreciate honesty.
    Dave is right. Screw up once maybe twice and I will be back if you admit it. Lie to me once and it's bye-bye no more buy-buy.

Tractor
    Mahindra Max 25HST

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dodgins View Post
    Dave is right. Screw up once maybe twice and I will be back if you admit it. Lie to me once and it's bye-bye no more buy-buy.
    I will travel out of my way for help, especially when it feels like it's "freely given". Every time I walk into this dealership it feels like I have to extract teeth. The front left wheel on the MMM deck went missing. The pin is held in by a keyring setup, so it's hard see how it fell out. So they didn't admit to having it. Then when I said I wanted to buy a replacement, the guy was like we don't have the parts on-hand. I looked out at the other two Mahindras and then he finally clicked "I can take one off of them". I'm paying +$1oo for one freaking wheel.

I think customer service is a dead art.