4035 pst pto won't engage

/ 4035 pst pto won't engage #1  

airdaleusn

Tractor
none
This is the second time this has occured. The dealer replaced the valve on the right side of the transmission and now it's done the same thing again the tractor had only 22 hrs. or less on it the first time and 45 hrs. the second time. It also spurters and the engine changes pitch or sound at pto rpm and only does it once or twice a day. Hope I didn't buy a disappointment.:(

/ 4035 pst pto won't engage #2  
This is the second time this has occured. The dealer replaced the valve on the right side of the transmission and now it's done the same thing again the tractor had only 22 hrs. or less on it the first time and 45 hrs. the second time. It also spurters and the engine changes pitch or sound at pto rpm and only does it once or twice a day. Hope I didn't buy a disappointment.:(

Including me, I know of one other person that had the "sputter" problem, his turned out to be a timing issue (I think...there is a thread somewhere on here about his issues...) Mine turned out to be a fuel filter issue, changed the filter and bingo, no more problems...I've never had the PTO problem (knock on wood) but did have a hydraulic "blowout" at about ten hours...dealer fixed it within a few days, warrenty, no questions, no hassles, and actually came to my house, can't say enough good bout Scott Tractor in Shreveport...I would change the fuel filter, might be simple as that, if that does not fix the sputter problem, take it to the dealer for timing check...best I can offer...good luck...

Rich

/ 4035 pst pto won't engage #4  
Not sure on sputter, but my PTO problem was a blown fuse. It repeatedly blew because the PTO switch on the left of the steering wheel (the one with the light) had a wire rubbed through and was shorting out due to the shuttle handle. A little electrical tape and a new fuse got me going.