Smoking

/ Smoking #1  

REDPRIDE

Tractor
MAHINDRA 5530 / 1947 John Deere Model M
As I said in my introduction just purchased a new Mahindra 5530 2wd, which I love, but I do have one issue. Somewhere between 1500 and 1800 rpms it seems to idle/run rough and has ALOT of smoke out of the exhaust. Anything under this (at a dead idle) or anything above this (at full operating speed) it does fine, runs smooth and just normal exhaust smoke nothing excessive. Just wondering if someone had some information on this. Thanks!

/ Smoking #2  
Does it still do this after it reaches full operating temperature?

/ Smoking
Yes it does, again though its only at those rpms, not at full pto operating rpms or low idle.

/ Smoking #4  
Hmm - that doesnt quite fit "cold stacking" --- but still could be. ... If you set it at that rpm and apply steady load, like say hold full bucket curl against the stop, what happens? While loaded - and then after you discontinue the load.

/ Smoking
Not sure, I'm actually at work right now but will check this evening or tomorrow and let you know. Thanks for your help.

/ Smoking #6  
New tractor - warranty. Let your dealer know about this issue.

idaho2

/ Smoking #8  
Timing issue. I have same machine and had to advance the timing of the fuel pump. This is an issue that your dealer should be aware of.

/ Smoking
Thanks for all the info. I contacted the dealer yesterday and they are having someone from technical contact me today. I dont really know what that means though, do they walk you through how to do it, do they send someone out, or what? The dealer I purchased from is over 3 hours away so I was and am hoping its not going to have to go back to the dealer. Again thanks for all the input.

/ Smoking #10  
Any blinking warning lights on dash? My 8560 thottle position sensor was bad which made it smoke and run rough at idle. I also throw in some fuel treatment with every refill, seems to help.