Mahindra 4025 vs 5530

/ Mahindra 4025 vs 5530 #1  

rjenkins81

Tractor
JD 4105/5303
I will start off by saying this my first post. I really have enjoyed reading all of the info on here. Good stuff!!! I have 40 acres that I own and have another 50 I look after for deer hunting. Of the 90 acres, only about 20-25 acres are in pasture/fields/foodplots. The remaining acres are in timber and beaver swamps. Ok so here is the question, I like the simplicity of the 4025. I am just afraid that 40 hp will not be efficient to run a 6' bhog and a 6' rototiller. I know the 5530 should be more machine and a bit more efficient. Also, is there that much difference in the 3 cylinder vs the 4 cylinder? Those folks who have these models please chime in. I know I am comparing apples and oranges in a way but there is a substantial price difference in the 2. Also hauling will not be an issue since the properties are fairly close to each other. I have driven a 4025 and like it. I know it is a tank. Can I expect the same from the 5530? I think it is a higher end tractor vs the 4025 but is there enough difference between the 2 tractors to justify $5000.

Any and all comments are appreciated.

/ Mahindra 4025 vs 5530 #2  
I dont own a mahindra but will offer my :2cents:

40 to 55 HP is a pretty big jump. Mahindra offers a few tractors inbetween. Have you looked at them?? 4530, 5035, 5010....

Second, 40 HP is pleanty to pull a 6' cutter and 6' tiller. And given it is smaller, it is likely to me more maneuverable. Any other reasons why you are doubting the 40HP machine, or is it only those two implements.

Third, In general, 4 cylinders are alot smoother operation and seem quieter than the 3 cylinders.

/ Mahindra 4025 vs 5530
I have looked at them. I really prefer the 4wd gear drive tractors. Simple, plus HST tractors I just dont like. Those are the only 2 PTO implements I will use. I may pick up a 2/3 bottom plow. Not sure yet. I was thinking the 4 cylinder would labor less than a 3 cylinder. Thanks!!

/ Mahindra 4025 vs 5530 #4  
rjenkins81,

I have a 08' 5530 Turbo 4wd and use it on 80 acres and soon to be 100 acres. Every piece of equipment i use with it is HD. I pull 3/16" Ford 3pt plow and not on level ground - eastern palouse. No ballast in tires and the loader is a ML 266 84" bucket. Twin set of remotes for my 10' pull type Mahindra/Kodiak mower and a Bison 96" articulating back blade which could use a third remote. I was raised using Minneapolis Moline, 2N Ford, IH Farmall and John Deere. Compared specs of the 4 majors competitors - line by line - and Mahindra was the winner. Have no issues that required a shop visit. Just performed the 250 hr service and still runs like it was when new.

idaho2

/ Mahindra 4025 vs 5530
I figured with the weight of the tractor that would help as well.

/ Mahindra 4025 vs 5530 #8  
rjenkins,
Not familliar with the 4025 but I have the 4530 shuttle which I have found to do more than a lot of the previous tractors I have owned or operated over the year's, with higher HP ratings.While I never abuse them,I expect a lot out of my machines.After all, they are tools and I expect them to do the job well.If I was going to use a tool once ..I go to harbor freight.If I am going to use the tool all the time for the rest of my life..I get the biggest and best that will suit my requirements.In my case I have found that my machine is a workhorse.I have pulled,pushed and hooked up to implement's,that while I may have had to slow down my operating preferences down a bit,did the job above what I was expecting.After my experience with my 4530,I believe the 5530 should do all you ask..
Regard's
Sean

/ Mahindra 4025 vs 5530 #9  
I have no experience on a 4025 but do own a 5530 and know that you will have no problem running a 6' brush cutter even in the tallest thickest grass.
The only bad experience I have had w/ my machine has been an uneducated service department not wanting to listen to my request to check the timing on my machine. The first year I had it I had a little smoking and kinda like a hessitation/sputter but that was fixed by advancing the timing about an eighth of an inch(which is quite easy, wish I would have just done that instead of spending gas money to haul to dealer then get charged by the dealer for adding fuel conditioner and saying there is nothing wrong and charging me for it:mur:)
But to make a long story short the 5530 has been a real work horse and has not given me any other worries in the 260 hrs I have ran it.

Good luck

/ Mahindra 4025 vs 5530 #10  
Hey EMB5530, I just bought a new 5530 myself and love it! As you said it is a work horse. My only issue is exactly the problem you had with the smoking and sputter. I have always suspected a timing issue but didnt want to mess with to much stuff since it is brand new and still under warranty. After reading your thread though you said it is quite easy to advanve the timing, could you possibly explain to me how to do this? Could solve my problem and not have to go through the hassle of getting it back to the dealer. Thanks for your help!