Oil & Fuel Mahindra Max 25 using oil

/ Mahindra Max 25 using oil #1  

jlarocca

Tractor
Mahindra Max 25
Question, I have a new Mahindra Max 25 HST with 46 hours on it and it seems to be using a lot of oil. Its not leaking, its burning it at a pretty rapid pace. I'm about to load it up and take it back to the dealer and hoping I don't get any hassles. Anyone else have this problem?

/ Mahindra Max 25 using oil #3  
The Max25 uses the S3L2 engine, and they are about bullet proof. We have sold literally hundreds of tractors with this engine and never had a failure short of some external cause such as extreme overheating due to a clogged radiator, a dusted engine because of a hole in an air filter, or one guy with an older 2615 with bad glow plugs that OD'd a tractor on starter fluid and bent a rod. And we even warned him, but $33 was too much for a glow plug. :rolleyes:

But an engine with that low of hours, absent some sort of external cause, should not be burning any measurable amount of oil in 50 hours. Is it smoking a bunch? Does it start well? Is the exhaust oily?

Finally, welcome to TBN, and we wish you the best as you get this to your dealer and get it fixed.

/ Mahindra Max 25 using oil #4  
My MAX 22 burned nothing at all when I changed the oil at 50 hours, in fact I never added any during that period, and the engine is almost identical.

/ Mahindra Max 25 using oil #5  
My MAX 22 burned nothing at all when I changed the oil at 50 hours, in fact I never added any during that period, and the engine is almost identical.

I haven't had any issues with this on my max28 either, not sure what the difference in engines is though.

/ Mahindra Max 25 using oil #6  
About the only lost fluid I have is when I drop/load the backhoe, and that is in the "crap, I have to wipe my hands with a rag." Take it back to the dealer.

/ Mahindra Max 25 using oil #7  
Did this ever get resolved ? If so what was it ?
Thanks
Mike

/ Mahindra Max 25 using oil #8  
The OP has not been back since July. I suspect it was not using oil.