New member with a Max 25

/ New member with a Max 25 #1  

gswallow

Tractor
Mahindra Max25
I just joined last week, but I've been checking out the forums since I bought my Max 25 in January. I got it with a FEL and backhoe and also a snow blower and snow plow. The main reason I got the tractor was snow removal. I've been using my Craftsman DYS4500 yard tractor (aka riding lawn mower) with a 42" snow blower for 5 seasons now. I look after some houses here on the coast of Maine in the winter, some occupied, some just summer homes, and used the Craftsman to move snow at these places along with my house. Between Christmas and New Year we had a particularly nasty storm with 8 inches of heavy wet snow, a change over to rain, then another 8 inches of snow. The blower moved the snow but even with a weight box, wheel weights and chains I kept getting stuck. On the slightest side slope the rear end would slide sideways and I'd have to get off, muscle it back into the track and go another 10 feet and repeat. When I came inside I said to my wife "I need a real tractor." She said, "I watched you out there. I think your right." Years ago I had done some work on small farms in upstate New York and had used tractors there, all old Internationals, an A, B, Super C and an H. My neighbor has a Kubota, a friend has a Kioti and there is a John Deere dealer in town. That was my extent of tractor knowledge, so I got on the internet and started researching. I was leaning towards a Deere or Kubota because I new there were dealers fairly close by. Then I remembered seeing ads for Mahindra on TV. I read the specs on the new Max series and was impressed. I went to their web site and found there was a dealer about 30 miles away. On January 2nd we went up there and ended up buying the Max 25 that day. I'll try to attach some pictures, I made some clamp on bucket forks today and took a few shots.

Attachments

• IMG_2015.jpg
    IMG_2015.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_2016.jpg
    IMG_2016.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_2017.jpg
    IMG_2017.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 237
   / New member with a Max 25 #2  
:pirate:Welcome from Ohio

/ New member with a Max 25 #3  
Welcome, nice ride. Thanks for the pictures.

I'm planning on making bucket forks although a lot shorter for finagling logs onto decks.

You made some nice welds; my welds resemble an obsidian field.:mur:

/ New member with a Max 25 #6  
I have the Max 22 and love it, especially the blower for obvious reasons. I am just hitting 100 hours and couldn't be happier except I got my first real ding on the hood from a rock that fell out of the bucket. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. Welcome.

/ New member with a Max 25 #7  
Welcome from Ohio.

I bought my Max 25 after the snow season. So I'm going to see if the FEL and backhoe will do the snow stuff. Probably will as that's what my neighbors all use. But of course snow down here is usually not up to the knees.

/ New member with a Max 25 #8  
Nice set up. I have the max 28 with fel, mmm and backhoe. Great little tractor so far. I have only 40 hours on mine.

/ New member with a Max 25 #9  
Greetings,

I have a similar set up that I purchased for the exact same reason, I went with the 54 inch rear mount Blizzard blower and I use the FEL bucket to scrape the steep paved areas clean. Works excellent.

Good luck with the new machine, I love mine!

/ New member with a Max 25 #10  
Congrats! I just bought the same machine with the mmm. The loader should take care of my small driveway when the snow flies, but I have a lot of lawn out back, and an old, rocky pasture to clean up. Good luck!