New to me Mahindra 2816

/ New to me Mahindra 2816 #1  

esbwn

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2816
Hello everyone! Just wanted to say hello and thank all of you guys for the knowledge on this site. I spent countless hours researching to figure out which one I should get and with all your help I decided on the 2816 with a FEL. I found a 4wd 2011 model with 108hrs on craigslist and think I got a pretty good deal at $8,800. Now I'll have to find a fail mower and a tiller here pretty quick, Im excited to get some seat time!

Attachments

• image-1210248672.jpg
    image-1210248672.jpg
    887 KB · Views: 193
   / New to me Mahindra 2816 #2  
Congrats now time to enjoy..

/ New to me Mahindra 2816 #3  
Congrats. That sounds like a great deal. :cool2:

/ New to me Mahindra 2816 #4  
You got the deal of the decade. Congratulations.

/ New to me Mahindra 2816 #5  
Seems like it was ran just enough to keep the battery charged... :D

Nice find and congrats! :thumbsup:

/ New to me Mahindra 2816 #6  
WOW - You found the UNICORN - Way to GO!

/ New to me Mahindra 2816
Yeah I had to drive 3 1/2 hrs to get it but I think it was worth it. I'm SUPER excited about it! I do have one question, while playing on it last night I noticed the clutch not engaging until the very end. When I say engaging I mean there is no resistance until the last 1/4 of the pedal stroke. I'm not familiar with the way a 2 stage clutch should feel. Is that normal? Is there an adjustment I need to do?

/ New to me Mahindra 2816 #8  
With a two stage, the bottom part of the travel is for the PTO only. Given the lack of familiarity I would advise having someone familiar with the operation to try it out and give you an assessment and show you proper operation of the two stage clutch and PTO. From my experience, no two clutches feel the same anyway (even on new machines). To me it would be worth hauling to a reputable dealer and paying some labor to let them give it a "once over".

/ New to me Mahindra 2816
Makes sense Sysop. I will do that just to make sure! I chose this tractor for longevity so I want to make sure everything is done right.

/ New to me Mahindra 2816 #10  
I hope you received the owner's manual. If not, you must have one. Check on line, or with your nearest dealer. You might just go to the Mahindra USA site, enter your serial number, and see what comes up. MAHINDRA USA TRACTORS 24/7 OWNER'S CARE