Max 28 vs 3016

/ Max 28 vs 3016 #1  

bajabum

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 2400H, Ford 861, Kubota 5100E
Is there any reason to spend the extra 2 grand to choose the Mahindra 3016 over the Max 28?

/ Max 28 vs 3016 #2  
Not in my book. That's a couple of nice implements. Both are nice compact tractors.

/ Max 28 vs 3016
The usual, I guess.
Snow, rocks, postholes, mowing brush...
5 acres, gentle slope, 7 Juniper trees, the rest brush.

Looks like I talked myself into the Max 28...

I can spend the difference on implements :)

/ Max 28 vs 3016 #5  
Are we talking gear(shuttle) or HST? If we are talking gear, independent(live pto) on the 3016 vs. no live pto on the Max 28. On the hst other than the larger tractor aspect: more ground clearance, wider stance, increased lift capacity, larger front bucket, skid steer quick attach front bucket, larger backhoe if your looking at a hoe. and 3 ranges on the trans. vs 2 on the Max.

/ Max 28 vs 3016 #6  
I struggled with the same question before buying the 3016. Since almost all of my work with the tractor involves working in the forest...the greater lifting capacity and ground clearance sold me.

/ Max 28 vs 3016 #7  
Don't know much about the Max but I did buy 3616 because it is built by Mitsubishi. I owned two Mitsubishi in Cub Cadet sheet metal. I put 1700 hrs on them without any issues! Nobody likes issues. The 3?16 group are Mitsubishi in Mahindra sheet metal. I have 140 hrs in little over a year and my only issue was the end of the positive battery cable corroded to powder. Good tractor but you must fill the rear tires to make it a great tractor.

/ Max 28 vs 3016 #8  
Just make sure you don't find yourself wanting for a bigger tractor. Either way, you can't go wrong with any Mitsubishi built tractor.

/ Max 28 vs 3016 #9  
I took the wisdom from somebody here on this net to buy one size bigger than I thought I needed; glad I did.

I never used a Max 28 but they look like a real solid tractor and the word on this net is the owners all seem to be happy.